Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Some pixie dust please

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, Cookie came home last night. She is on a special diet for kidney problems (very expensive I might add). I also have to give her medicine 2x/day until it is gone. She gets 1ml by syringe in the mouth. The bottle says it is a 15ml bottle but it doesn't look like it was full when they gave it to me. When I brought her in the house and opened her cage door she came out and disappeared for about an hour or so. But by the end of the evening she was sitting beside either Donna or I. I gave her some of the food they sold me and she was eating and drinking her water. I have to call them back in a few days to let them know how she is doing. I've been giving her small cans of soft food (mostly tuna), which she loves and expects every night. However, at least for right now, they don't want me doing that.

Thanks for all the good wishes.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad she is doing better!

Post Thanks / Like
    I totally missed the thread, but I'm so glad that things are turning out well.

I completely understand expensive food. Arthur's canned food is really expensive. But I will always buy it. On a positive note, he eats deer and potatoes every night (yep, that's the canned food). :D

Post Thanks / Like
    Just bought her some canned food from the vet. $41.00 for 24 cans. But it is only a supplement to the dry food so she won't be eating a can a day.

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by uscwest, post: 271991
    Just bought her some canned food from the vet. $41.00 for 24 cans. But it is only a supplement to the dry food so she won't be eating a can a day.
    I feel your pain John! My dog's on a vet specific food. Every meal, every day. $56.00 a bag!

Glad he's not a Great Dane!

Tom (... I'm in the wrong business!)

Post Thanks / Like
    I hope she likes the new food, cats can be so fussy. I bet she's glad to be home. :)
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    She appears to be adapting to the dry food very well. She just got her first taste of the wet food tonight. I gave her 1/4 of a 6oz can. She has nibbled at it. Right now she is laying here on the arm of my chair with her head resting on my keyboard.

Post Thanks / Like
    So pleased to hear Cookie is doing well

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123