The Goo Goo Dolls and Sugar Ray will perform at Universal Orlando Resort’s Mardi Gras celebration, completing one of the most powerful musical line-ups of the event’s history. Goo Goo Dolls will rock the Music Plaza Stage at Universal Studios Florida on March 3 and Sugar Ray will do the same on March 17.
With four Grammy nominations, more than 10 million albums sold and 13 Top Ten hits including “Name,” “Slide” and “Black Balloon,” Goo Goo Dolls has become one of the most globally recognized and influential forces in pop music history. Their hit “Iris,” from the “City Of Angels” movie soundtrack, spent nearly 12 straight months on the Billboard charts and held the No. 1 position for 17 consecutive weeks.
Sugar Ray first gained fame in the music scene with the hit “Fly.” Since then, lead singer Mark McGrath and his band mates have taken their combination of sunny pop and lightly funky hip-hop grooves and created several of the most infectious summer singles of the late ‘90s, including “Every Morning,” “Someday” and “When it’s Over.”
With the addition of Goo Goo Dolls and Sugar Ray, Universal Orlando’s Mardi Gras musical line-up boasts a combined total of more than 350 million albums sold. Headliners include pop superstar Kelly Clarkson, teen sensation Big Time Rush, pop rock band Hot Chelle Rae, Grammy nominee for “Best New Artist” J. Cole and female Rock & Roll legend Cyndi Lauper. For a complete list of this year’s performers and dates see below.
Universal Orlando’s Mardi Gras celebration kicks off on the 11th February and runs every Saturday and select nights through 14th April. The authentic and family-friendly version of the famed New Orleans street party combines unparalleled theme park entertainment with an elaborate Mardi Gras parade, dozens of colorfully costumed performers, authentic New Orleans bands, delicious Cajun cuisine and live concerts by some of today’s most popular artists.
Guests can enjoy the Mardi Gras event and great theme park entertainment for the price of regular admission.
Updated Mardi Gras 2012 Line Up
- Saturday, February 11 - The B-52s - The Daddy Mack Blues Band
- Saturday, February 18 - Kelly Clarkson - Lil Malcolm and the House Rockers
- Sunday, February 19 - Boyz II Men - Lil Malcolm and the House Rockers
- Saturday, February 25 - Diana Ross - John Lisi & Delta Funk
- Saturday, March 3 - Goo Goo Dolls - Beth McKee & The Sliders
- Saturday, March 10 - Big Time Rush - Gravy
- Friday, March 16 - J. Cole - Lil’ Brian & The Zydeco Travelers
- Saturday, March 17 - Sugar Ray - Lil’ Brian & The Zydeco Travelers
- Friday, March 23 - Hot Chelle Rae - J.J. Caillier & The Zydeco Knockouts
- Saturday, March 24 - B.o.B - J.J. Caillier & The Zydeco Knockouts
- Friday, March 30 - Plain White T’s - Soul Project
- Saturday, March 31 - Prince Royce - Soul Project
- Saturday, April 7 - Cyndi Lauper - Rockin’ Jake
- Saturday, April 14 - KC & The Sunshine Band - Big Al & The Heavyweights