Thread: Kilimanjaro Safaris at Animal Kingdom to Replace Little Red

Post Thanks / Like
    Beginning this spring, the Kilimanjaro Safaris attraction will undergo some changes to give guests an additional opportunity to see more of their favorite animals, specifically zebra.

To make this happen, Walt Disney Imagineering will make some creative changes to the last scene in the attraction by removing the Audio-Animatronics “Little Red” elephant and related set pieces. This area will then be reconstructed as savannah space and feature a new watering hole for live animals.

This enhancement is scheduled to begin this spring, and be completed by fall 2012. The attraction will remain operational during the adjustment.

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Wendy, I think that is a good move by Disney. That poor little elephant looked really goofy after seeing the real ones on the safari. Do you remember when there was a bunch of CMs there with rifles capturing the bad guys? That was before 9/11 and it I guess it could be considered racist to boot.

Post Thanks / Like
    I remember the CMs, I think it's a good move as well, especially if there will be more animals. I wonder if this means there will be a new story appearing at some point in the future

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep. That story line is tired. I do remember the armed CMs! I thought that was pretty unusual for Disney even before 911.

Little Red is silly and always was. I get that they can't put a live baby elephant in there, but sheesh.

Will be neat to see how it looks when it's all done.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.” ~Aristotle