Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question for our American friends

Post Thanks / Like
    I am in the planning stage for our next trip to the States.
    This time my DW and I will be in Orlando for a while before flying to New York for a DCL cruise, flying back home shortly after the cruise from New York.

I am hoping to strike up a good deal with Virgin again, using my FC miles in order to fly to and from the US in UC, so we are likely to have plenty of luggage....especially on the return journey to the UK when we are carrying stuff that we have bought over there.

Any recommendations for an airline to use to take us from Orlando to New York ....that don`t charge an arm and a leg for excess baggage?

Post Thanks / Like
    We used JetBlue Terry, paid $81

Sandra
    Sandra

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by arkvilla, post: 272513
    We used JetBlue Terry, paid $81
    Thanks Sandra. Are they ok regarding the excess baggage issue?

Post Thanks / Like
    Southwest does not charge for the first two bags/person

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowhand, post: 272514
    Thanks Sandra. Are they ok regarding the excess baggage issue?
    Can't remember Terry. We flew to NY for 4 nights and then on to Orlando, so I now we had our big cases. We flew Virgin to JFK so they were 23K, we didn't get charged anything though on JetBlue

Sandra
    Sandra

Post Thanks / Like
    JetBlue does first bag free Terry. Second bag is $40 and the third is $75.

Southwest lets you get away with 2 per passenger. 3rd through 9th are $50 each.

Tom (... seasoned air traveler. Not!)

Post Thanks / Like
    I just read an article on baggage fees

Theonly airlines who do not charge for the first bag are Jet Blue and Southwest

In the comments, many people suggested shipping your bags via UPS or FEdex, it was cheaper than paying the baggage fees

Post Thanks / Like
    If you are going to consider flying either JetBlue or Southwest, go with JetBlue. I know loads of people who fly Southwest without a problem, but it's affectionately known as the "cattle call" airlines for a reason.

If you can send your bags ahead, it is much more cost effective (usually) than paying the extra for them to board the plane.

If you fly into Newark, (NJ) you can take the train from the airport into NYC. However, you would then be handling all the bags yourself.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for your help & comments guys.
    It seems like JetBlue or Southwest are the way to go then.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 272553
    If you are going to consider flying either JetBlue or Southwest, go with JetBlue. I know loads of people who fly Southwest without a problem, but it's affectionately known as the "cattle call" airlines for a reason.

If you can send your bags ahead, it is much more cost effective (usually) than paying the extra for them to board the plane.

If you fly into Newark, (NJ) you can take the train from the airport into NYC. However, you would then be handling all the bags yourself.
    We caught the train Tink and flew from Newark - it was very easy and I enjoyed the train journey

Sandra
    Sandra

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast