Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you use a watch?

Post Thanks / Like
    I tend to have a clock in every room, but the bathroom. And in someways 3 in the kitchen. I have one usually on the wall, then there is usually a stove clock, and then the microwave clock. And I also wear a watch.

However, my only exception is a traditional bedroom alarm clock. If I could see the time then every time I woke up I'd be checking the time. So instead I just have my phone within arms reach just in case I NEED to know the time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 272549
    omg! I think I want to go work there !!!
    He worked there for 30 years before he got the Tag Heur (sp?) I think you could definitely save for one by then He's been there 35 as of last September but they didn't get him anything quite so extravagant for that anniversary
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by josh.p., post: 272551
    He worked there for 30 years before he got the Tag Heur (sp?) I think you could definitely save for one by then He's been there 35 as of last September but they didn't get him anything quite so extravagant for that anniversary
    DW has been at the place (local council) where she works for 25 yrs... there was talk of someone printing out a certificate saying well done but in the end they did nothing (which was probably safer for them than someone daring to print her out a certificate ) but no thank yous or expensive watches!
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I have many watches... most are Disney, some are jewelry style bracelet watches, a couple are serviceable good old Timex. I have a real problem with pot metal so some I can't wear for more than a couple hours.

Every single one but ONE Timex needs a new battery.

So? I mostly use my phone.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 272552
    DW has been at the place (local council) where she works for 25 yrs... there was talk of someone printing out a certificate saying well done but in the end they did nothing (which was probably safer for them than someone daring to print her out a certificate ) but no thank yous or expensive watches!
    That is ridiculous! In my Dad's place, when you've worked there for 5 (or perhaps 10?) you get an extra days paid holiday per year you've worked there. They haven't capped it for him even though he's been there 35 years!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 272552
    It doesn't surprise me one little bit there's no appreciation at all, you are just taken for granted being a public sector worker.

It's the same with Chris' organisation, like you say nothing and not even a thank you and when you retire, well if you are lucky you will get an email from the head of department

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy, post: 272562
    It's the same with Chris' organisation, like you say nothing and not even a thank you and when you retire, well if you are lucky you will get an email from the head of department
    The head of her department is well known for asking when people are leaving so he can take that day off. He hates "speeches". Last time someone left, the lady had been there all her working life, earning less than 20k the whole time, and the other staff decorated her desk with pixie dust, good luck cards and a good luck banner. They were all told off and told to remove the decorations immediately. In the event, none of her managers came in and she went home as usual with nothing having been done or said.

Amazing isn't it?
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 272564
    Amazing isn't it?
    Pathetic is more like it! :mad:

But back to watches, I can't go without mine. I've got a Citizen that I've had for years.

But I'd much rather have the Tag Heuer!

And, like John, I take it off when I'm working on my computer.

Tom (... need to check out Tag Heuer on our next Caribbean cruise.)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by catrancher, post: 272566
    Pathetic is more like it! :mad:

But back to watches, I can't go without mine. I've got a Citizen that I've had for years.

But I'd much rather have the Tag Heuer!

And, like John, I take it off when I'm working on my computer.

Tom (... need to check out Tag Heuer on our next Caribbean cruise.)
    Tom I bought my Tag Heuer on sale and saved over $800.

I work for my favorite Uncle (Sam) I'm in my 26th year. I received a pin at 10, 15 and 20 but nothing for my 25th.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by uscwest, post: 272570
    Tom I bought my Tag Heuer on sale and saved over $800.
    Cool John. I'll have to "watch" for Tag Heuer sales (I'm learning these puns from Terry). After my earlier post I had checked their retail prices at a couple of places.

Then I got back up off the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by uscwest, post: 272570
    I work for my favorite Uncle (Sam) I'm in my 26th year. I received a pin at 10, 15 and 20 but nothing for my 25th.
    I work for a mammoth, unnamed financial institution. Here's what I got for my 20th:

[ATTACH]10406.vB[/ATTACH]

The artsy lighting on it is the flash on my cell phone camera. In real life it doesn't look that cool. Although, it is a heavy little thing. Wouldn't want to drop it on my toes.

Tom (... really just a dust collector.)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast