Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you Remember or Miss at WDW

Post Thanks / Like
    I've been looking back through my old keepsakes from WDW and I came across the tickets from our first ever trip and it got me thinking about how things have changed over the years.

So I thought it might be nice to remember the good old days

• Our first tickets have out photos on them, I remember having to stand at the ticket desk and look at the camera and then the tickets were printed - boy do I look young

• Soda re-fills - do you remember when you could pay a little extra for a soda and then it would cost about 50 cents for a refill or was it free

• World of Motion before Test Track.

• Journey to Imagination before they changed it.

• Getting your hand stamped so you could re-enter a park.

• When the characters would walk around the park and you didnít have to line up to see them.

• On our first visit I had an autograph book I had my photo taken with Prince John and he walked off with my pen I was laughing and walked after him so he ran away, when he came back over I had to kiss his hand before I got my book back

• Another time Jafar came up to me and put someone elseís book on my head to sign it. Oh I miss those days

• When the characters were allowed to mess around with you - Pluto spinning me round and dancing with Goofy - happy memories.

• Tapestry of Dreams.

There are so many more, so what do you miss or wish you could bring back.

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Re: What do you Remember about WDW that's Not there Anymore

Characters dont interact? This is news to me

Well, I do have to say Ill miss Sno White's Scary ride... yes it was scary, but its one of my most vivid WDW memories from the first time I visited

I also miss Body Wars, and all the exhibitions in that pavillion, I think they were dated, but just wonderful

Post Thanks / Like
    Re: What do you Remember about WDW that's Not there Anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Mari, post: 272578
    Characters dont interact? This is news to me

On our first few visits they used to play around more, Chris was held in a headlock by the Queen of Hearts and she was yelling, off with his head it's that sort of thing that I haven't seen for a long time

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    oh... phew! I can breathe then... I was a bit worried that they would now just pose statuesque like

Not that the girls will actually understand any of the interaction though

Post Thanks / Like
    The queen of hearts getting chris is a headlock made me laugh!

Ive not had alot of experience of disney tbh, we usually only spend a couple of days there out of each 2wk holiday

Post Thanks / Like
    I remember when we were visiting with MIL., We were eating at LTT and Pluto came up behind me and put his mouth on my head.

I miss Mr. Toad's Wild Ride and Tapestry of Dreams.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh I remember those photo tickets, our first visit in 1992 (honeymoon) had those and yes - we look so young. Also had time of entry stamped on it - first couple of days very early then got later....

I remember the old living with the seas(?) at Epcot and the Michael Jackson 3D show. Also walking around World showcase in late April 1992 and no one else being there! (Not going to happen this trip - Easter Crowds aagghh!) and sitting wishing that Splash Mountain was finished - had to wait until next time to go on that one!

However, newer rides like Rock & Roller Coaster I absolutely love and it is great how the parks evolve. I just love being at DISNEY

Montymouse

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by montymouse, post: 272612
    at Epcot and the Michael Jackson 3D show.
    If you mean Captain EO, then that attraction has now re-surfaced at Epcot in place of Honey I Shrunk the Audience.

Post Thanks / Like
    One of the things I miss the most is the wonderful Penny Arcade that was on Main Street.

And, of course, Mr Toad!
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowhand, post: 272680
    If you mean Captain EO, then that attraction has now re-surfaced at Epcot in place of Honey I Shrunk the Audience.
    OOhh thanks, I had heard this was at Disneyland Paris but didn't realise it was at Epcot - will definately visit it in 6 WEEKS!!!

Montymouse

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast