Thread: alrighty then...

Post Thanks / Like
    talk to me about The Poly

Thank you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mari, post: 272622
    talk to me about The Poly

Thank you!
    oh I so want to gush but I'm probably not the best person, I haven't stayed there in a few years.

ok well amazing lobby! the whole place is totally themed through every aspect so from checkin through to the room and grounds, you'll feel like you're somewhere special

Love the "torches" lighting the paths, great pools. Luau right there! Ohanas right there. Monorail to go where you like

That's before we talk about the great beach from which you can watch the fireworks and the short boat ride to MK

So... what's not to love
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like
    My oldest son and his family stayed there last year thought it was terrific

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Life is a journey not a destination"

Post Thanks / Like
    Ummmmm... no hot tub. The music that comes on overhead at 6:00 am (at least it did in Concierge when we were there). Dark, old, restaurants have fallen off (of course that's not limited to 'Ohana and Kona Cafe).

Beach is lovely! Proximity to MK is nice.

It wasn't our favorite deluxe and we'd not go out of our way to stay there again, but it beats the Boardwalk Inn!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I guess that Tink and I are in the minority here, but I don`t really feel "comfortable" at the Poly.
    I`ve never actually stayed there although my DW and I have visited the resort many times and have dined there on a few occasions.
    I guess it`s just the dark [and to me ,oppressive] atmosphere that I dislike compared to the light and airy feel of the GF.

Post Thanks / Like
    This is exactly what Ive been reading on trip advisor... either people love it, or not at all.... theres really no in between

I hope we love it, hahahahahaha

We wont be spending much time there though... still, managed to get ADR for dinner at Ohana's the night we arrive, and breakfast on the day we leave... and will have breakfast once at Kona Cafe...

The rest of the time we'll be at the parks, so being conveniently located will be a plus

I read there are some activities like hula dancing?? Anyone knows what other things you can do at the resort? Would it even be worth it to take the afternoon off from parks and spend it there?

Thank you!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I think it would be Mari. You should get a listing of things to do when you check in. You can plan a day off, or maybe some afternoons. They did seem to have a pretty lively activities group for children when we were there (August).

I think you will have a lovely time.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    You really will have a great time!

I know I tend to bear in the mind the price of the Poly when I consider it and compare it to other places on site. When you get to stay there as a freebie upgrade, heck, I don't think there's any downside to that at all
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Haven't stayed at the Poly but re: the resort activities I think it is well worth leaving some time available to enjoy them - my two have always loved spending some time at the resort so they can take part in stuff going on

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 272715
    You really will have a great time!

I know I tend to bear in the mind the price of the Poly when I consider it and compare it to other places on site. When you get to stay there as a freebie upgrade, heck, I don't think there's any downside to that at all
    hahahahahahahahaha major points for that one Keith... SO TRUE!!!!

Ive secretly wanted to stay there for a long time, so thats why I hope we lov eit.. then again, since I dont think we would ever pay to stay there, maybe I dont want to love it too much hahahahaha

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast