Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Disney Mobile Magic Now on iPhone

Post Thanks / Like
    I wouldn't be able to use a UK mifi would I? I'm about to buy one here, change over to a US sim? Just a thought..

Post Thanks / Like
    .... Does such a mythical beast exist??????
    Jackie

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by britchick, post: 278301
    I wouldn't be able to use a UK mifi would I? I'm about to buy one here, change over to a US sim? Just a thought..
    Yep in theory as long as the uk mifi is unlocked and you can get a us sim only deal with top up data
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 278304
    Yep in theory as long as the uk mifi is unlocked and you can get a us sim only deal with top up data

Mmmm thanks Keith, think I may get one off eBay that's unlocked for use in this country then get a US sim from eBay and get them to activate. They had some with a reasonable amount of data on pay as you go. Will let you know how I get on in December.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by britchick, post: 278308
    Mmmm thanks Keith, think I may get one off eBay that's unlocked for use in this country then get a US sim from eBay and get them to activate. They had some with a reasonable amount of data on pay as you go. Will let you know how I get on in December.
    Ooohhhh tell me more!

Which sim card etc?

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?qmza1x

Post Thanks / Like
    I always buy a sim only and use my own phone. Many moons ago I bought the phone with the sim and it drove me mad as it was a motorola and I was used to a nokia, so after that it had to be sim only

I use RedPocket and I have for the last 2 years and I haven't had any trouble at all with them. All I do is phone them up, re-activate my number, pay my money and my line is active and I do all this from home before we leave. I swap the sim on the plane so I'm all set when we get there to let someone know we have landed safely :D

In the past I've used T Mobile and had nothing but trouble as the munber hadn't been rested long enough and I was getting calls for someone else which was eating away at my credit. The other one I had was a Go phone and that cost me a fortune.

You need to do lots of research of you are going to go down the sim route, I always compare and see who will offer me the best deal. I like to be in touch with friends whilst I am over there.

I can call people at home and it costs me a matter of cents, the only problem I have is with texting but now Keith has told me who to use that won't be a problem :D

Another place to look is mrsimcard

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by britchick, post: 278308
    Make sure you check out who the sim is with and check their coverage as not all providers have good coverage in all areas.

You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.

Post Thanks / Like
    ~Well the most expensive one on there $59.99 comes with a couple of GB of data so that would work out ok

I guess texts back to the uk would cost though and wouldnt be unlimited

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 278320
    ~Well the most expensive one on there $59.99 comes with a couple of GB of data so that would work out ok

I guess texts back to the uk would cost though and wouldnt be unlimited
    The package is different this year because it includes data, but texts to the UK last year were free, I used to feel bad though because anyone who replied to me was charged :( This year as I will have data, I can use that app you mentioned - I can't remember the name as I had to take it off the N95 and by then I should have the S2 as his nibbs will have the S3.

I think it will be the best of both worlds for us because I can make my calls in the US and also to the UK if we are out and text whoever using either standard text or the whatsamecallit :ol:

Post Thanks / Like
    Does it definitely say that international texts arent free this year?

Which one do you go for, the pay as you go, or the 30 day one and if the 30 day, do you have to cancel it to avoid them billing you again?

I guess if I wanted to try that route I'd have to get them to send a sim whilst I was over there the first time

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast