Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Choosing a new dog?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 273185
    You will fall utterly in love.

Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 273186
    Tom! I LOVE the photo of your pup!!! Too wicked cute!!!
    Thanks Tink! I would have pressed the "Thanks" button but for some reason, they're not working for my anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by josh.p., post: 273190
    Fantastic photo! I have to say I'd never liked spaniels until one day I met a cocker spaniel in the park who had such a lovely nature that it changed my mind!
    Thanks Josh! But see my note to Tink above.

Quote Originally Posted by foreverducky, post: 273192

Attachment 10467

I couldn't help but add picture. :D
    And who can blame you FD! Arthur is just such a cutie!

Tom (... fan of mans best friend!)

Post Thanks / Like
    I too would love to own a dog but the main thing that puts me off doing so is the problems associated with going away on holiday.
    My DW and I dog sit 2 small dogs for a friend of ours whenever they go on holiday and we really enjoy it. However if I were to have a dog of my own then it would have to be a German Shepherd and getting someone to look after him/her when we went on holiday would be a big ask.
    I wouldn`t fancy the idea of kennels, so in my case owning a dog ain`t going to happen sadly.

Post Thanks / Like
    When I was thinking about getting a dog I did have the spaniel breed in mind, I then did a lot of research into the breed.
    I desided on a cocker spaniel due to size being more suitable for our home.
    i love walking so a cocker spaniel was also a great choice.
    Bella has tired out to be a great member of our family, she is well behaved most of the time.

Good luck with your choice.

Post Thanks / Like
    Arthur is just so beautiful and regal, Billie! Nice to see a photo of him. It's been awhile.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowhand, post: 273203
    I too would love to own a dog but the main thing that puts me off doing so is the problems associated with going away on holiday.My DW and I dog sit 2 small dogs for a friend of ours whenever they go on holiday and we really enjoy it. However if I were to have a dog of my own then it would have to be a German Shepherd and getting someone to look after him/her when we went on holiday would be a big ask.I wouldn`t fancy the idea of kennels, so in my case owning a dog ain`t going to happen sadly.
    I cannot imagine never having a shepherd after I've had Nando! He's a handful at the minute but I just know he's going to be a fantastic dog when he mellows out. I would have another breed alongside a german shepherd but I could never not have one!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Adopt a Deaf dog that have been trained?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by catrancher, post: 273181
    Cocker Spaniels!

We've got two. Both of them came from a local Cocker Rescue organization and we couldn't be happier.

Here's one of them. This one is Sherman and he's my buddy.

He's also got more personality than a lot of people I know.

He's resting. He does that well.

He's also smart as a whip. Scary smart sometimes.

The only thing with Cocker's is that you've got to keep their ears clean. If you don't they can be susceptible to ear issues.

Tom (... they're like our children!)

Awwwwwww such a cute!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I'm deffo not a dog person... or I wasn't until.......... Anyways Tinkerbell my DD's Yorkshire Terrier puppy is absolutely adorable and now I can say I am definitely a dog person :D

We love that little crazy furball. She's 5 months old now and has made us laugh until we cried she's been that funny. She doesn't shed any fur and gets bathed in the kitchen sink. Just do your research on the internet... Pet Forums is a good place to start to get the feel of what you might want. You will be loved so much it's unreal and dogs don't give a damn what you look like they still love you warts and all .... just remembered the larger the breed means they live to around 9 years ish and the smaller like terriers they can live for 15 years if you're lucky.:D

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by josh.p., post: 273231
    I cannot imagine never having a shepherd after I've had Nando! He's a handful at the minute but I just know he's going to be a fantastic dog when he mellows out. I would have another breed alongside a german shepherd but I could never not have one!
    I know how you feel Josh.
    I had a German Shepherd many years ago when I was still living with my Mum at home before I got married and he was my best friend at the time and irreplaceable.
    It broke my heart when he died.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowhand, post: 273247
    I know how you feel Josh.
    I had a German Shepherd many years ago when I was still living with my Mum at home before I got married and he was my best friend at the time and irreplaceable.
    It broke my heart when he died.
    I have always, always wanted a shepherd. My Granddad had one when I was younger called Shane and he was the nicest dog I have ever met. He was absolutely fantastic and I loved him to pieces. He was so soft that he'd burn his tail in their calor gas fire and not even notice!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast