Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Choosing a new dog?

Post Thanks / Like
    I still think an ex-racing greyhound would be perfect for you.

They seriously don't need as much exercise as most people believe and the ones I've met on doggie walks have been lovely, gentle creatures that are happy pootling along beside their owner.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Tom, my daughter has a tea cup chihauhau named Frankie. He is the ugliest thing ever So ugly he is now cute He has a little dog complex though.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 273430
    I still think an ex-racing greyhound would be perfect for you.

They seriously don't need as much exercise as most people believe and the ones I've met on doggie walks have been lovely, gentle creatures that are happy pootling along beside their owner.
    Funnily enough, a lovely Scottish lady was on the phone to our support dept at work and she used to train dogs. The guys mentioned I was looking and her best recommendation was an ex-racing greyhound.

She said they have excellent temperaments and nothing like people imagine
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with Dawn on the retired greyhound front. I know a few people through my rescue work who have them, and a couple of 20 minute walks a day usually does them! They tend to be couch potatoes, very laid back and very loving.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnie, post: 273431
    Hey Tom, my daughter has a tea cup chihauhau named Frankie. He is the ugliest thing ever So ugly he is now cute He has a little dog complex though.
    Yep. Sounds exactly the same as Goliath is.
    His idea of a good time seems to be to antagonize the big dogs until they get tired of him and then go hide behind your leg.

Moron dog.

And yes, they're so ugly, they're cute.

Tom (... not for me though...)

Post Thanks / Like
    yes! Alysia and her boyfriend have a gaggle of itty bitty dogs. Frankie mated with a tea cup maltese, Sugar. They have Leroy, Mickey and Minnie. Then they have this behemoth pit bull named Bruno. You would not beleive the things Bruno lets these little dogs do to him! He is so gentle and puts up with so much.

Right now we only have one dog. Her name is Sahara and she is a boxer/pit bull mix. But she is hyper! She also thinks it is her house and that everyone who comes in is coming to see HER. She is also crazy about strawberries and anything strawberry scented. Plus, she won't leave the cats alone and wonders why they don't like her

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    how on earth will you be able to choose what type of dog, you will be comming home with at least 4!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I heard that teacups have a very short lifespan? About three years. Don't know how true that is though.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm really glad people have mentioned rescue dogs. I know very little about them and the process you go through to adopt, but I do think the right dog would be an ideal fit for you. If you do go for a greyhound, a friend of mine is very involved in the rehoming of greyhounds in the nw and does a lot of fund raising in her area. I can put you in touch so she could reccomend a reputable rescue?
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Josh, still lots of research to do but if we end up going that way I'll let you know
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast