Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What things do you buy on holiday in Orlando?

Post Thanks / Like
    Shop shop shop :)

I always hear people saying they buy clothes and jewelery and perfumes and electronics because theyre so much cheaper out there.

we went to the malls last time and didnt really feel they were any cheaper once sales tax was added

Am I going to the wrong places? are there cheap markets that I'm missing out on?

Post Thanks / Like
    Personally? No, I don't think you are missing out on anything. I'm not sure where you live but for us, the "outlet malls" are not cost effective at all, with the sole exception of the Disney Character outlets (and they are no where near as "good" as they used to be).

It's not as easy for visitors of course, but shopping the full price retail shops and malls when there are sales are much more kind to the wallet than the outlet shops.

Also, when you shop in a known retailer you have recourse if you purchase a defective product, or even simply change your mind. Too often those outlet shops have extremely restrictive refund/return policies, so be careful!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    We tend to go to the outlet malls, but have found over the years that the discounts are getting less and less.

I agree with Tink, you can get some really good bargins in the shopping malls In the papers there are often vouchers and details of weekend sales.

One shop that had some really good bargains is Marshalls, we went in one in Miami and they had samsung luggage for less than half the price of Prime Outlets.

I think there is one on the 192

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought the best suitcase I have ever owned at Marshalls. It is a hard sided, spinner Samsonite. It is huge and has taken a beating! I wish I could find more at Marshalls!

The outlets can have good deals but nothing like it used to be. You need to know what your looking for and how much stuff normally costs in order to make it a bargain.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Marshalls are a chain that specialize in overruns and left overs from more expensive shops. They are not an outlet store per se.

One thing that needs to be remembered is that often outlet stores have their own line; things produced more cheaply than they would be for the full price retail companion store.

It's not enough to simply know names, you have to be able to recognize a quality garment, for example before you can determine that you are getting a good buy.

There is a Levi's outlet. If you are familiar with Levi's you will notice that those jeans in the outlet shop are thinner, the seams are not true french seams and the rivets are not centered properly. Those are the sorts of things I am talking about.

I've purchased excellent quality luggage at Bloomingdale's on sale for less than the same name, but lesser quality luggage sold for in the outlet shop.

It takes very careful shopping not to get ripped off.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Nothing! I dont really do shopping, i go to the outlet down the bottom end of ID so i can go to the disney shop they have there and thats about it!

Post Thanks / Like
    we did get a bargain at the timberland store at premium or prime outlets.
    and i got a lovely fossil bag too

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 273224
    Personally? No, I don't think you are missing out on anything. I'm not sure where you live but for us, the "outlet malls" are not cost effective at all, with the sole exception of the Disney Character outlets (and they are no where near as "good" as they used to be).

It's not as easy for visitors of course, but shopping the full price retail shops and malls when there are sales are much more kind to the wallet than the outlet shops.

Also, when you shop in a known retailer you have recourse if you purchase a defective product, or even simply change your mind. Too often those outlet shops have extremely restrictive refund/return policies, so be careful!

I also think so.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh I love this thread...

I buy lots of Yankee candles tarts! Gutted they have stopped making apple pie!

Abercrombie stuff, love Disney christmas items, there nothing like a good sparking stuff me think

Cinderella outfit for myself (too much info no?)

Few Disney t-shirts and hopefully iPad cover!

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?h3ks5m

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh Jeff, we MUST have a photo of the Cindy outfit! :D :D (And no! It's not too much info at all).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast