Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: When is a migraine not a migraine

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by josh.p., post: 273587
    Have they made a decision yet, RE: Meds?
    Not yet Josh I'm waiting for a phone call from my GP.

I'm being sent for an MRI scan as well, I'm going to Cheltenham as they have an open scanner and I am very claustrophobic, last time I had an MRI they had to sedate me twice

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Twice?! Wow, thats quite special!

Post Thanks / Like
    A good long while ago I suffered from 'aura migraine' and was in hospital for two weeksn including two days in intensive care. Thankfully I recovered but had to have some steroids.

Apartantly it is quite common and thankfully not had any since. It was not a pleasant experience at all

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh petal I feel for you. I get them when I've not had enough sleep. It usually starts with my eye starting to twitch then it can either build up slowly or go straight into full blown pain. I hope they sort you out soon.

My friend, who has them regularly due to hormones, has an injection to put in her leg. When she takes it she sleeps for a good 5 hours then wakes up feeling great. However, she read an article once about botox helping to stop them and gave it a go. Her botox lasts three months and she has no pain for the whole time. Bit of an expensive option though.

Good luck with getting sorted.
    Sam x

Post Thanks / Like
    I had a phone call just now to arrange my MRI scan. It is an open scanner but the lady I spoke to said that it will be 6 inches from my face I'm terrified of things up close to my face and small areas She said that the sides are open but because it's a scan of my head I will need to keep very still, facing up

My appointment is next Friday 16th, so I've got a week to panic

I said I was worried that I won't be able to go through with it when I get there, she said this was normal and advised me to see my GP to ask for a sedative. I called the surgery, but I can't get an appointment until the 27th March :(

You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.

Post Thanks / Like

would flower bach rescue help?

Post Thanks / Like
    Petal I really feel for you. Is there no way you can get an earlier appointment at the doctors can you not ask for a cancellation?

I'm like you I don't like things like that and the only way I handle anything like that is I close my eyes and ask to lay there for a short time to get myself composed. During that time I imagine myself in a happy situation and I focus on the colours, the sounds and smells. I also concentrate on my breathing occassionally I focus on a candle and as I breath I see the flame move in time with my breathing. Sometimes I do this in my relaxation part of my classes. After the candle you then see a door behind the candle when you go through the door you are in your happy place. You can do that through out the whole procedure I have to do with needles.

Not sure this helps but it is worth giving it try even if you do get some sedatives.

Good luck my lovely.
    Sam x

Post Thanks / Like
    Aww wendy just close your eyes and think of disney! hum a happy tune, sing a happy song - anything just to take your mind off of whats going on

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Deafjeff] would flower bach rescue help?[/QUOTE]

It has in the past, but I don't think it will help this time, we've got a 2 drive to Cheltenham which is the closest open scanner to where we live. I have a feeling by the time we get there I'll be a wreck :lol:

[QUOTE=Sam, post: 274132
    Petal I really feel for you. Is there no way you can get an earlier appointment at the doctors can you not ask for a cancellation?
    Thank Sam I can go in as an emergency but I feel bad doing that, there might be someone who needs to see her urgently and I'd be stopping them. Chris spoke to the surgery tonight and they said I can have a telephone appointment, so I will try that and see if she can help.

Quote Originally Posted by Kate, post: 274145
    Aww wendy just close your eyes and think of disney! hum a happy tune, sing a happy song - anything just to take your mind off of whats going on

I thought that, close my eyes and imagine myself somewhere else, but I don't know if I will be able to.

Post Thanks / Like

If your GP can't help over the phone then you should take an emergency appointment. After all, for you it is an emergency.
    You're very brave to be doing this at all. They'd have to actually knock me out to get me in one of those. Seriously.
    [CENTER]

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast