Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: When is a migraine not a migraine

Post Thanks / Like
    I was told by a doctor today that I could be getting migraines without the actual headache

Has anyone heard of this or experienced it, it's just that he wants to give me yet more medication he did say the final decision was up to my GP.

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    i suffer migraines

so i feel your pain

mine are hormone related and can be down right awful only the other week i felt like i was dying i was in so much pain

im taking pizotifen which is one at night and now i have the wafers which you stick on your tongue as i was being so sick

so tablets wasnt the best choice

in answer to your question

sometimes i dont get the headache so i miss taking the medication before it fully kicks in

hope you get sorted soon wendy

xxxxxxx
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes it's a very common problem. You just get the neurological sequalae without the pain. My cousin , for example , goes blind in her left eye for a couple of hours I know people who have full on stroke like symptoms for similar time periods.

Migraines are strange phenomena , Lisa gets them and they last days, they are hormonal for her. Mine are infrequent but I can do nothing when I get them, but I am very lucky in that a short sleep will cure me. I am usually 'high' for the rest of the day afterwards.

Sorry you are having problems hun

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you both

I have suffered from migraines for as long as I can remember, I never realised you could get them without the pain.

I went to the hospital today, I've been having a lot of problems with dizziness, getting very light headed and blurred vision. I saw a consultant and he said that he thinks it's migraine and is writing to my gp about some medication as he is not 100% sure if I can take it with the meds I am already on. I think he said it was called propranol

You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.

Post Thanks / Like
    my auntie suffers terribly, also 2 work collegues were only talking about their 'migraine' experiences this evening.
    my auntie doesnt always get the bad head sometimes she just gets flashing lights, see only in black and whith and even no vision for a short time, she will also feel ver sick, this wil knock her about for 2 days without her bad head to up to a week if she has had head pain too, i keep telling her to try accupunture.
    hope you are feeling better soon wendy,love sara

Post Thanks / Like
    So not good news. :( I sure hope the medication works for you.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 273472
    So not good news. :( I sure hope the medication works for you.
    Nope, it never is with me is it I wonder sometimes if I should just stop taking all the meds and try alternative therapies.

Post Thanks / Like
    I suffer from them! Sometimes I just feel sick all day, sometimes I get a blinding headache and other times my vision goes blurry and I get a combo of all three. My doctor says it's stress related but to be frank I don't think they are. All I've been given so far is migralieve but thankfully I only have them maybe every 3 months.. More often than not I'll get one after another. Like Chris I feel 'high' for the rest of the day. They send me straight to sleep luckily so I generally just go for a kip after I get warning signals.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    ive not heard of that before! migraines are horrible though, ive only had a couple and they have been really awful. Sorry you are going through it all, hope they find something to help you soon

Post Thanks / Like
    Have they made a decision yet, RE: Meds?
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast