Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: fast passes

Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like
    Do you think all this testing of fast passes is a prelude to charging for them

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Life is a journey not a destination"

Post Thanks / Like
    I hope not

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    I've just been reading about the proposed new passes Robert and personally I donít like the sound of it at all. Hopefully these are all just rumours

On the web it is being referred to as the XPass with lots of sites saying that there are plenty of changes in store.

These are some of the main points that seem to have got people talking:

It sounds like it will be directed at Resort Guests who book a package, so as well as planning your ADRs 180 days out, you will also be able to book your xpasses for rides, exclusive meet & greets with the Disney characters as well as claiming prime viewing spots for parades in the Parks & night-time spectaculars like Illuminations and Wishes.

The XPass roll-out will be the installation of new FASTPASS machines all over property Ė this is the system that is being installed at Epcot's "The Seas with Nemo and Friends" pavilion.

One particular sticky question is where annual passholders, DVC members as well as Disney World cast members fit into all this, what sort of xPASS privileges can these folks expect to have access to ... And the answer is: Disney doesn't know yet. Even though this NextGen virtual queuing system project has actively been in development for over 5 years now, they still don't know quite what to do with the Company's own employees or their most loyal & dedicated customers.

At the moment there are 28 attractions that are currently wired into Disney World's FastPASS system ... When xPASS finally comes fully online, which could in 2013, the number of rides, shows and attractions that Guests will now be able to make advance ride reservations for will have basically doubled.

As I say these are all rumours that I have found in other places, nothing has been confirmed or in fact denied by Disney.

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'd like to think that Cast Members got special fast passes We only got the same as the guests (Put your CM ID in the fastpass machine and out pops a fast pass for later) it'd be nice if they got the same benefits as AP or DVC owners. The only time we'd get special privileges is if a ride broke down and there was left over complimentary fast passes, the managers/co-ordinators would give them out for good guest service or if it was your birthday etc. I got eight fast passes for Toy Story Midway Mania once because it was my friend's second to last day and we wanted to surprise her, so I asked my manager and got really lucky. I reckon I could have got some serious money from disgruntled guests for them
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy, post: 273517
    I've just been reading about the proposed new passes Robert and personally I donít like the sound of it at all. Hopefully these are all just rumours

On the web it is being referred to as the XPass with lots of sites saying that there are plenty of changes in store.

These are some of the main points that seem to have got people talking:

It sounds like it will be directed at Resort Guests who book a package, so as well as planning your ADRs 180 days out, you will also be able to book your xpasses for rides, exclusive meet & greets with the Disney characters as well as claiming prime viewing spots for parades in the Parks & night-time spectaculars like Illuminations and Wishes.

The XPass roll-out will be the installation of new FASTPASS machines all over property Ė this is the system that is being installed at Epcot's "The Seas with Nemo and Friends" pavilion.

One particular sticky question is where annual passholders, DVC members as well as Disney World cast members fit into all this, what sort of xPASS privileges can these folks expect to have access to ... And the answer is: Disney doesn't know yet. Even though this NextGen virtual queuing system project has actively been in development for over 5 years now, they still don't know quite what to do with the Company's own employees or their most loyal & dedicated customers.

At the moment there are 28 attractions that are currently wired into Disney World's FastPASS system ... When xPASS finally comes fully online, which could in 2013, the number of rides, shows and attractions that Guests will now be able to make advance ride reservations for will have basically doubled.

As I say these are all rumours that I have found in other places, nothing has been confirmed or in fact denied by Disney.
    Thanks very interesting

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Life is a journey not a destination"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by robertcraig, post: 273524
    Thanks very interesting
    What's your opinion on all this Robert, do you think it will be a good thing.

I personally think that if this is the way forward and they don't make it available to everyone there will be a lot of bad feeling. People can't always afford to stay on site or they may prefer to stay in a villa or apartment and I don't think they should be penalised.

I wouldn't be happy if this happened, but if they were to charge people to pre-book then this would seem to me, to be the fairer option.

You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm with you Wendy, I really hope that those of us that like staying in a villa rather than the resorts won't get penalised. The fastpass is a great service but it should be open to everyone. Those who stay in the resorts already get the extra hours which I think is great and fair but the fast pass shouldn't be exclusive to them. It would be such a shame if it changed.
    Sam x

Post Thanks / Like
    What about the one day drive in guests? The people who may be on vacation on the Gulf Beaches and just decided to drive over to DisneyWorld for the day. What happens to them. That's the way my DW and I first experienced WDW together many years ago. We were down there staying on St. Petersburg beach and just decided to drive over to Disney MGM Studios for a day. If I'm seeing what I think I am here, we could have been out of luck.

That's not right.

Tom (... I'm beginning to feel like sheep! )

Post Thanks / Like
    The news is that it will be a bit like the dining ADR system. So it's available to everyone and it will be free but you have to plan the heck out of your vacation a long time in advance. I don't care for it this way either. Though this way is a lot better than the resort guests (and I bet it only would have been deluxe) getting them.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    We don't eat on site hardly at all anymore because of having to pre-book so far in advance. Gone are the days that we plan 180 days in advance, we like to be spontaneous now.

The thought of having to decide what rides or parades we want to do every day for the whole of our holiday fills me with dread :(

I heard the rumour that says it will be free, but remember what the dining plan was like when people were making 3 or 4 reservations and then just not turn up to 3 of them.

It's a disaster waiting to happen.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast