Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Learning British Sign Language

Post Thanks / Like
    Has anyone looked at my friend's site yet? Is there any feedback I can take back to her?

Dont forget you can have access to the first lesson for free!!

S x

Post Thanks / Like
    This is such an awesome idea, i'll definately be having a look. Just tried at work and its not letting me, something to do with Silver somethingorother.

I'll have a look at home :)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisa1976, post: 274967
    This is such an awesome idea, i'll definately be having a look. Just tried at work and its not letting me, something to do with Silver somethingorother.

I'll have a look at home :)
    It may be because you will need to install the latest browser to get it working. If you can have a look at let me know what you think so I can pass it on?

S
    x

Post Thanks / Like
    I had a look at the site. I use ASL and in theory would like to learn BSL, but have no one to use it with so it would be hard to accomplish.

As for the site, it was easy to navigate and gave good information for what was coming soon. It seems to be limited to an advertising site, and not an informative one?

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 274975
    I had a look at the site.
    I use ASL and in theory would like to learn BSL, but have no one to use it with so it would be hard to accomplish.

As for the site, it was easy to navigate and gave good information for what was coming soon. It seems to be limited to an advertising site, and not an informative one?
    Hi Tink

Thanks for the feedback!

When you say it's not an informative website - what do you mean by that? Do you mean there's not enough info about how BSL works etc?

S
    x

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, that's a good way to put it. It's very well done, and explains what is on offer, but if I wanted to simply better understand BSL (to determine if I wanted to learn, or to simply satisfy a curiosity) the site doesn't do that.

However, if the main purpose is to be an advertising site then it's done well! Simple, and not confusing. Clear graphics and not a bunch of "stuff" to slow down a loading page.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 274977
    Yes, that's a good way to put it. It's very well done, and explains what is on offer, but if I wanted to simply better understand BSL (to determine if I wanted to learn, or to simply satisfy a curiosity) the site doesn't do that.

However, if the main purpose is to be an advertising site then it's done well! Simple, and not confusing. Clear graphics and not a bunch of "stuff" to slow down a loading page.
    Ahh, I understand now, thanks.

Just to respond - if you wanted to know a bit more, there is something called 'Handbook' which is on the footer for you to read, and there are also grammatical instructions built into the lessons. Would that be what you were after?

Post Thanks / Like
    A bit, but that section was trickier to find. As a matter of fact, I didn't see it until you directed me to it! So, to that end I'd say perhaps make those features a bit more noticeable. Darker font, perhaps?

At any rate, over all it's a website that serves the purpose of advertising what she is selling and that is the goal, eh? :D

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 274982
    A bit, but that section was trickier to find. As a matter of fact, I didn't see it until you directed me to it! So, to that end I'd say perhaps make those features a bit more noticeable. Darker font, perhaps?

At any rate, over all it's a website that serves the purpose of advertising what she is selling and that is the goal, eh? :D
    Fab :) I'll pass on your comments, thank you

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12