Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: Learning British Sign Language

  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Caerphilly, Wales, UK
    Posts
    679
    Post Thanks / Like
    Has anyone looked at my friend's site yet? Is there any feedback I can take back to her?

    Dont forget you can have access to the first lesson for free!!

    S x







  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Sandy, UK
    Posts
    963
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is such an awesome idea, i'll definately be having a look. Just tried at work and its not letting me, something to do with Silver somethingorother.

    I'll have a look at home :)

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Caerphilly, Wales, UK
    Posts
    679
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisa1976, post: 274967
    This is such an awesome idea, i'll definately be having a look. Just tried at work and its not letting me, something to do with Silver somethingorother.

    I'll have a look at home :)
    It may be because you will need to install the latest browser to get it working. If you can have a look at let me know what you think so I can pass it on?

    S
    x







  4. #14
    Administrator Tink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    15 minutes (or so) North of WDW
    Posts
    27,939
    Post Thanks / Like
    I had a look at the site. I use ASL and in theory would like to learn BSL, but have no one to use it with so it would be hard to accomplish.

    As for the site, it was easy to navigate and gave good information for what was coming soon. It seems to be limited to an advertising site, and not an informative one?






    Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Caerphilly, Wales, UK
    Posts
    679
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 274975
    I had a look at the site.
    I use ASL and in theory would like to learn BSL, but have no one to use it with so it would be hard to accomplish.

    As for the site, it was easy to navigate and gave good information for what was coming soon. It seems to be limited to an advertising site, and not an informative one?
    Hi Tink

    Thanks for the feedback!

    When you say it's not an informative website - what do you mean by that? Do you mean there's not enough info about how BSL works etc?

    S
    x







  6. #16
    Administrator Tink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    15 minutes (or so) North of WDW
    Posts
    27,939
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, that's a good way to put it. It's very well done, and explains what is on offer, but if I wanted to simply better understand BSL (to determine if I wanted to learn, or to simply satisfy a curiosity) the site doesn't do that.

    However, if the main purpose is to be an advertising site then it's done well! Simple, and not confusing. Clear graphics and not a bunch of "stuff" to slow down a loading page.






    Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

  7. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Caerphilly, Wales, UK
    Posts
    679
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 274977
    Yes, that's a good way to put it. It's very well done, and explains what is on offer, but if I wanted to simply better understand BSL (to determine if I wanted to learn, or to simply satisfy a curiosity) the site doesn't do that.

    However, if the main purpose is to be an advertising site then it's done well! Simple, and not confusing. Clear graphics and not a bunch of "stuff" to slow down a loading page.
    Ahh, I understand now, thanks.

    Just to respond - if you wanted to know a bit more, there is something called 'Handbook' which is on the footer for you to read, and there are also grammatical instructions built into the lessons. Would that be what you were after?







  8. #18
    Administrator Tink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    15 minutes (or so) North of WDW
    Posts
    27,939
    Post Thanks / Like
    A bit, but that section was trickier to find. As a matter of fact, I didn't see it until you directed me to it! So, to that end I'd say perhaps make those features a bit more noticeable. Darker font, perhaps?

    At any rate, over all it's a website that serves the purpose of advertising what she is selling and that is the goal, eh? :D






    Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

  9. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Caerphilly, Wales, UK
    Posts
    679
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 274982
    A bit, but that section was trickier to find. As a matter of fact, I didn't see it until you directed me to it! So, to that end I'd say perhaps make those features a bit more noticeable. Darker font, perhaps?

    At any rate, over all it's a website that serves the purpose of advertising what she is selling and that is the goal, eh? :D
    Fab :) I'll pass on your comments, thank you







Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •