Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Learning British Sign Language

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello all

Not a sales pitch for myself, but rather for some of my lovely friends.
    If anyone was ever interested in learning British Sign Language, but never had the chance or the time, now you can.

Plus if anyone wanted to talk to Deafjeff directly, there's now a website where you can learn it all from the comfort of your own home.
    www.signworldlearn.com

First lesson is free-so now there's no excuse to not at least try. Plus get an insight into what I do for a living as a sign language interpreter. And if you want to look at Deafjeff strutting his stuff, he is listed under Cardiff regional variations.

Any questions or feedback, please feel free to get in touch.

Cheers
    Stephen

Post Thanks / Like
    That's really excellent thanks for that!

I've tried to get on three or four courses at the local university but they've been oversubscribed each time so ;/
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    it's something that i've always thought about doing but never got round to it. Will give it a go, thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Go for it guys, you'll love it!

Post Thanks / Like
    I used to do sign language with dd when she was a baby - it was fantastic!! I remember walking through the park with one day when she was in her buggy when she was facing me, she wasnt old at all and wasnt talking (only baby gabble) and she did the signs for "listen, bird" OMG i nearly cried!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi guys,

If you could learn some British Sign Language, that would be amazing! Especially for our Disney meet

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Stephen that is brilliant

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Deafjeff, post: 274159
    Hi guys,

If you could learn some British Sign Language, that would be amazing! Especially for our Disney meet
    Disney meet? What did I miss?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by britchick, post: 274166
    Disney meet? What did I miss?
    Theres the potential for those of us in Florida in Sept to meet. Unless someone organises another event at some point. If so, I expect you all to be signing away with Deafjeff so I can have a break

Post Thanks / Like
    I used to run baby signing classes for years but then decided to go back to teaching fitness. I still teach at a private nursery every friday and it's great to see these little people around a year old signing. Even with tiny babies if you are regularly using the same signs and saying the words after around 6 weeks maybe slightly more they will recgonise and respond to the sign. The great thing about sign language with children, especially babie and toddlers is that it teaches them vocabularly and language skills. Its been proven that a toddler that signs will have atleast 50 more words in their vocabularly than other children.

At my childrens school they also teach it as just another language to learn along side welsh and spanish.

Although I teach BSL I am having to learn american sign language for this new fitness craze called Bokwa. You teach moves in the shape of letters and numbers and you have to show them the alphabet in sign language. In the states it has been popular with hard of hearing clients as they can feel the beat of the music through the floor and can do the moves because of the sign language. I'm off on my Bokwa course at the end of April and I am going to get seriously confused which is not hard for me.
    Sam x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast