Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ipad and photo help

Post Thanks / Like
    I can transfer photos from a memory stick/card straight to my Ipad using an adaptor if there are in RAW format but not in JPEG, Can anyone help????

Post Thanks / Like
    Are you using the Camera connection kit? It should let you import JPEG and RAW, along with SD and HD video formats, including H.264 and MPEG-4.

Tom (... connected...)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by catrancher, post: 274235
    Are you using the Camera connection kit? It should let you import JPEG and RAW, along with SD and HD video formats, including H.264 and MPEG-4.

Tom (... connected...)
    Yes I am??? But for some reason it's only loading up the raw to transfer to my iPad?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lozzy, post: 274237
    Yes I am??? But for some reason it's only loading up the raw to transfer to my iPad?
    Does it give you any warnings or messages? Or is it just not showing you the JPEG images. How are you loading the images onto your flash drive?

Tom (... curious...)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by catrancher, post: 274244
    Does it give you any warnings or messages? Or is it just not showing you the JPEG images. How are you loading the images onto your flash drive?

Tom (... curious...)

No messages or warnings, It's showing about 7 photos out of 173 photos.
    The photos are saved to the memory stick straight from photoshop once edited.

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like I'm not the only person how has started having this problem, really doesn't make sence after beening able to do it in the past.

Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit

No Longer Works to Transfer Photos - Apple Diasbled Functionality

• Written by SP from Burlingame
    • <ABBR class=dtreviewed title="2012-01-17 02:48:57 Etc/GMT">Jan 16, 2012 </ABBR>

Apple lowered the max power a camera kit connected USB device can draw, such that no USB memory stick will now work. Further, if you drop JPEGs onto a camera SD Card, they won't be recognized and read either. I create JPEGs from RAW for better image quality but they are not read by the iPad. Only images stored by the camera. In essence, the kit is useless

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lozzy, post: 274293
    Looks like I'm not the only person how has started having this problem, really doesn't make sence after beening able to do it in the past.

Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit

No Longer Works to Transfer Photos - Apple Diasbled Functionality

• Written by SP from Burlingame
    • <ABBR class=dtreviewed title="2012-01-17 02:48:57 Etc/GMT">Jan 16, 2012 </ABBR>

Apple lowered the max power a camera kit connected USB device can draw, such that no USB memory stick will now work. Further, if you drop JPEGs onto a camera SD Card, they won't be recognized and read either. I create JPEGs from RAW for better image quality but they are not read by the iPad. Only images stored by the camera. In essence, the kit is useless
    Apple is still marketing the camera connection kit and advertising right on their website that it works with JPEG and RAW. What version of IOS are you on? It might be just a bug. Lots of people shoot JPEG in their cameras. While the new iPad 3 has an internal camera, I can't picture Apple completely abandoning everyone else. There's still going to be people who take pictures with a camera rather than an iPad.

As far as the power portion of it goes, that's easy to work around. Just get a powered USB hub. I've got one like this that I got from Amazon. That'll take care of the power issue.

I'm not going to be home today or I'd have a play. I'll try to take a look tomorrow though.

Tom (... interesting. Very interesting.)

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't see anywhere on my iPad to plug in a usb.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by uscwest, post: 274385
    I don't see anywhere on my iPad to plug in a usb.
    There isn't John. You've got to have the Apple Camera Connection kit. It's an adapter that plugs into the 30 pin connector on the bottom of the iPad and gives you a USB port you can plug a camera into.

Tom (... accessorizing...)

Post Thanks / Like
    Ah the picture confused me

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast