Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: my virgin flights have changed

Post Thanks / Like
    i am really dissapointed got tickets today but my flight times have changed, luckily only by a few hours but i still have to change airport parking and escape lounge times.
    why do they do this???
    does this mean the flight will be too full and risk not going at all?
    i am very worried and will not fly virgin again

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chief, post: 274248
    i am really dissapointed got tickets today but my flight times have changed, luckily only by a few hours but i still have to change airport parking and escape lounge times.
    why do they do this???
    does this mean the flight will be too full and risk not going at all?
    i am very worried and will not fly virgin again
    argh sorry to hear that :( where are you flying from? manchester? I guess theyve bumped you from vs75 to vs74 or something? so 1:30 rather than 10:30 ?
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 274251
    argh sorry to hear that :( where are you flying from? manchester? I guess theyve bumped you from vs75 to vs74 or something? so 1:30 rather than 10:30 ?

ahh keith you are spot on
    we go from manchester at 1.30 instead of 10.20 and we are vs 73 going out and come back on vs74 at 9pm instead of 6pm.
    it really isnt that bad its just nothing is simple as i will have to make a few phone calls to change parking etc, also if i knew it was in the afternoon i wouldnt of needed to stay in a hotel the night before. we are only 1hr 30 from manchester.
    do they do this cos the flight s are not full so they merge them?
    do youi know what plane we will be on, i am fretting now

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chief, post: 274254
    do they do this cos the flight s are not full so they merge them?
    do youi know what plane we will be on, i am fretting now
    the earlier flights are the new airbus and the later ones are at the moment the older 747s

I kinda prefer the 747 anyway but everyone's different :)

They mess around with groups and try to fit them in here or there knowing that if they need to, they can bump people from the more popular (and more expensive) earlier flights to the later one if they need to :( smaller groups are especially prone to this IMHO.

There's nothing much to be done about it but to look on the bright side and anything that gets you to orlando in one piece cant be all bad

oh I should say they do sometimes merge if they dont have enough for two flights youre right.. so it could easily be that
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh no, that's terrible.

It's probably as Keith said, they have to flights that are half full so it's more economic to merge the two flights.

It's a pain when they move the times though, we've been caught out like that before.

I hope it doesn't mess things up for you too much

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    its not too bad wendy,
    although i wouldnt have booked the travelodge at manchester airport. we could of just traveled down in the morning.
    i booked the escape lounge so we could have breakfast there. but now i need to change the times and it will be lunch now.
    i am undecided as to just not turn up to the travelodge we will lose 15 as we booked it when it was on offer.
    we could stay at home and eat at home then head off.
    if we stayed at the travelodge it will cost 30 for us all to have breakfast.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh no

It seems to be a common practice sigh...

If I were you go down the night before anyway at least you know that you are there and just get up when you feel ready.

As opposed to worrying about traffic and making sure everything is going well. If there is a problem travelling the night before, at least you have plenty of time to sort it out.

But that just me.

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Deafjeff, post: 274267
    Oh no

It seems to be a common practice sigh...

If I were you go down the night before anyway at least you know that you are there and just get up when you feel ready.

As opposed to worrying about traffic and making sure everything is going well. If there is a problem travelling the night before, at least you have plenty of time to sort it out.

But that just me.

Jeff
    you are quite right jeff, we will still go down the night before. as you say it still takes out the worry of traffic etc.
    i just have to change the escape lounge till later, hope i can do this
    thanks all, sarah x

Post Thanks / Like
    i have just changed my escape lounge booking and checked car parking. so all done.
    i even called up virgin, hoping for a free holiday at grand floridian but no got nothing

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chief, post: 274361
    i have just changed my escape lounge booking and checked car parking. so all done.
    i even called up virgin, hoping for a free holiday at grand floridian but no got nothing
    it does really annoy me how companies can just mess you around like this. You may have based who you booked with on timings etc. We always travel down the day before, much more relaxing and it's the start of the holiday. There's no way i'd sleep at home any way

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast