Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Just for a change, lets have a......................

Post Thanks / Like
    She said she nearly burst a blood vessel not laughing. She went on to say, "You'll want best friends then." His reply? "I have a best friend!"

Needless to say, she returned to "lying is not something we ever do and it will result in people not wanting to spend time with you."

Kids. Especially, smart kids.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 274334
    She said she nearly burst a blood vessel not laughing. She went on to say, "You'll want best friends then." His reply? "I have a best friend!"

Needless to say, she returned to "lying is not something we ever do and it will result in people not wanting to spend time with you."

Kids. Especially, smart kids.
    Oh dear so he had an answer every time, his Da always seems to have an answer for everything, maybe he's turning into his Da's mini me

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmm... sound like another viewing of "Dumbo" is in order.

Tom (... make your nose grow...)

Post Thanks / Like
    Wendy,

Glad to hear Chris's dad is out of the hospital and home. What time is dinner and what are you fixing?

Tink,

Funny story. Hope herself got the point across finally.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Steven had his first trampolining lesson yesterday morning. Arms and legs going everywhere.

yesterday afternoon I took Steven to watch Brighton play Portsmouth - soccer for our US friends. All was good, we had chocklit and pies and Brighton won 2-0. The journey home was gairy. There's a queuing system at the station to deal with the crowds and both sets of fans were in it. Now I know this is a huge sweeping generalisation but some of the Portsmouth supporters were the most vile people I've ever met. Openly abusive and offensive to the police on duty, using words I don't want Steven hearing for at least another 10 years and being aggressive to everyone around them. I was scared for our safety and we had these "people" on our train all the way home. And people ask me what's wrong with football in this country.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wendy glad Chris's father is recovering.

Tink Bless!!!!! :-)

Dawn, one of my friend refused to take his son to any football match but more than happy to take his son to rugby match. 'much more cleaner and friendly' so so sad

I went to my God daughter's birthday party yesterday she is not 2! I got her Minnie Mouse outfit she loved it so much that she refused to take the dress off!!

My heart just melted!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Deafjeff, post: 274396

I went to my God daughter's birthday party yesterday she is not 2! I got her Minnie Mouse outfit she loved it so much that she refused to take the dress off!!

My heart just melted!
    Little ones are so funny aren't they, if there is something they like wearing, they refuse to take it off, I bet she looked cute in her dress :D

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Kids eh - i was having words with dd yesterday about blowing raspberries at people, telling her its very rude and i dont like it at all. I saw her face change and she said "mummy, i wouldnt blow raspberries, i love eating them" im not quite sure how i managed not to laugh!

Had a quiet day yesterday, dd has been off school all week with a very nasty chest infection (we were told if she didnt get any better we had to go to hospital )
    Today my best friends daughter is having a birthday party, we're going to go along and see how we get on!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 274325
    You've got to get out of there, Billie!!!

Right now trying to teach the boy how to tell time on a regular clock (math homework). Joy, fun and delirium.

I think Herself is going to get a drink soon. :D

Have a boy story for you.

He is in quite a patch of trouble for lying (quite an involved lie, lots of thought and detail in it) at school. Herself spoke to him about it and told him this was very, very serious and she was going to talk to him in a way she never had before.

Herself: Lying is something you must never do. Lying means people can't trust you. If people can't trust you, they won't love you. Do you want to get married some day?

Boy: "Do I have to?"

Oh dear, the first contrived lie is always a dreadful thing to deal with especially with a reply like that one We tried the disapointed angle with a dash of if we can't trust you how could we allow more grown up priviledges to take place with the added drama of a well placed tear to show how heart broken I truly was

Post Thanks / Like
    We had another round of it today.

I'm hoping it's a short lived phase. :(

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast