Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just for a change, lets have a......................

Post Thanks / Like
    .....................Saturday thread :D

The weekend is finally here for a lot of us :)

Do you have anything nice planned or are you going anywhere nice?

I wish we had a quiet weekend, it's been a bit crazy here, Chris' dad has been in hospital so we've been back and forth up there. He's home now so that's good and they only live 5 minutes away from us.

My thoughts of a quiet weekend ended when I somehow or other volunteered to cook for 7 people tomorrow before I knew what was happening, I heard myself saying "I'll cook I don't mind" Chris just looked at me and started laughing.

So what are you all up to :D

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Off to my daughters house today to celebrate my grandsons birthdays (both of them) and have a play with my new granddaughter.

Tom (... after breakfast at IHOP of course...)

Post Thanks / Like
    chores chores chores unfortunately. Jon's off on Thursday for nearly 3 weeks so need to get a load of stuff done. Work has been manic,and studying takes a lot of my time.

Post Thanks / Like
    At the risk of sounding seriously whiney... trying to de-stress. Hard week that sees another very stressful week coming up.

Wendy, good to hear Chris's Da is out of hospital. Give Chris our best.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 274308
    At the risk of sounding seriously whiney... trying to de-stress. Hard week that sees another very stressful week coming up.
    Weekends are for relaxing and de-stessing I hope you manage some peace and quiet time. You need more people like you there to help take the pressure off

Wendy, good to hear Chris's Da is out of hospital. Give Chris our best.
    Thank you

You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm doing laundry, but hope to do some relaxing. I see the glorious sun, so I'm thrilled. Tomorrow it's going to be sunny and 60. I will take that any day. I just need to sit outside for a little while and soak in the energy.

Wow, that sounds way more "hippie" than I'll ever be. Basically it's been cold and cloudy for a long time, and frankly I'm tired of it.

Post Thanks / Like
    You've got to get out of there, Billie!!!

Right now trying to teach the boy how to tell time on a regular clock (math homework). Joy, fun and delirium.

I think Herself is going to get a drink soon. :D

Have a boy story for you.

He is in quite a patch of trouble for lying (quite an involved lie, lots of thought and detail in it) at school. Herself spoke to him about it and told him this was very, very serious and she was going to talk to him in a way she never had before.

Herself: Lying is something you must never do. Lying means people can't trust you. If people can't trust you, they won't love you. Do you want to get married some day?

Boy: "Do I have to?"

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    A boy after my own heart!

Aww, teaching time on the day before the time change. He'll be so confused in the morning.

Post Thanks / Like
    No, this is learning to read a clock face (as opposed to digital). The concepts of "half after" and that sort of thing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh no, he didn't I know I shouldn't laugh but .....................

I wouldn't have been able to keep a straight face, what did Herself say, I guess there really isn't an answer to that is there

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast