Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone read the Hunger Games?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy, post: 274518
    I've just noticed your countdown timer, you only have 153 days left of your internship
    I know! I'm so excited! Once it hits 99 days I'll be beside myself.

Post Thanks / Like
    The film is based on the first book.

And yes, Lenny Kravitz is in it as Cinna. I cannot wait for the movie to come out! It looks like it is well made.

Do you know anything about The Hunger Games at all?

Twenty-four are forced to enter. Only the winner survives. In the ruins of a place once known as North America lies the nation of Panem, a shining Capitol surrounded by twelve outlying districts. Each year, the districts are forced by the Capitol to send one boy and one girl between the ages of twelve and eighteen to participate in the Hunger Games, a brutal and terrifying ?ght to the death - televised for all of Panem to see.

Survival is second nature for sixteen-year-old Katniss Everdeen, who struggles to feed her mother and younger sister by secretly hunting and gathering beyond the fences of District 12. When Katniss steps in to take the place of her sister in the Hunger Games, she knows it may be her death sentence. If she is to survive, she must weigh survival against humanity and life against love.

WINNING WILL MAKE YOU FAMOUS. LOSING MEANS CERTAIN DEATH.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have

loved the first one, liked the second one, didnt care for the last one hahaha

but all in all, it was a good trilogy, the type you cant put down :)

and I cant wait for the film :)

Post Thanks / Like
    The second book was my favorite out of the series. The 3rd was ok but didn't like it nearly as much. I wonder if that is because I knew it was ending?

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Jon's BIL recommended them to Jon (who's not typically a non-fic reader) as an easy read for our last trip to Vermont. He read two of the three during the weekend. He ordered the third from his phone on the way home.

Afterwards, he convinced Baleigh to read them (the teenage market was the *original* target), B read them, LOVED them (to the point of tears a few times) and she and Jon have practically bonded over them. They wander about throwing out catch phrases that neither Andrew nor I understand. (Jon to B as she is getting out of the car for school last week: "May the odds be ever in your favor.")

They are so excited they have tickets to the midnight showing on the 23rd. Seriously? Jon doesn't "go" to movies (unless it's the Titanic) and he's going to the midnight showing?

Post Thanks / Like
    And Jon got me started

Post Thanks / Like
    Omg! That's right! He did! And now B has her dad reading them!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Lol I love word of mouth. I hooked two of my friends.

---

Post Thanks / Like
    I think its wonderful that Jon and B are going to the midnight showing!

How exciting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    I might have to download the first one.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast