Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Disney for a 2 yr old?

Post Thanks / Like
    Me and My BF are planning on taking his Lil' Bro to disney in the fall of this year, He will be almost 3. He is VERY into Disney and me and my BF are very excited about the trip, but i'm worried that some of the things may be too much. Is WDW OK for a2 yr old? Or would y'all recomend bringing someone else?

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Good grief! YES!!! WDW is perfect for little ones. We've been taking the boy since he was only a few months old. Little ones love it so much.

Do try to stick with his usual routine though, including food. We get so excited for and with them we end up letting them eat all sorts of treats that can result in one sick little kiddo. Last thing you want at WDW.

Bring a stroller. He'll tire. It's a huge place as you know.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh yes, its perfect! We took dd a couple of weeks after she turned 2 and she had a truely wonderful time!

Post Thanks / Like
    I just got back from Disneyland Paris with my niece Niamh, who has just turned three. It was a fantastic age to take her, she is old enough to go on quite a few rides and she was a great age to see characters. The whole holiday was one big character hunt She went on Phantom Manor (DLRP's Haunted Mansion) which she found terrifying but she still wanted to go on it.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh definitely take him, he's not too young. I think when they are smaller they experience it a different way, all I would say though is remember the characters are larger than he might be expecting.

I don't think you need to take a friend for him, he will love the one on one time, just be prepared for him to need a nap in the afternoon

You will both have a brilliant time as well, seeing Disney through the eyes of someone so young is just amazing :D

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    We just took our son in October 2011 and he was 4 months shy of his 3rd birthday and he had a wonderful time As long as we took a nap in the afternoon and fed him around his usual meal time, he was a pretty happy kid! With a few hours of sleep in the middle of the day he was able to stay up for all the fireworks/night shows, and he pretty much went on every ride that his big sister (almost 5 at the time) went on. He didn't really like the 3D shows with the glasses, but was happy enough to sit through them and he loved the HM and POC! We just told him what was going to happen before the ride and we talked to him during the rides and he was fine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Its perfect and brilliant at that age - we took Matthew when he was (almost) 1 ,2, 3 and 4 and it was a different experience each and every time - the cast members were astonioshing and it makes you appreciate things you never would if you were going alone.

I was really scared takinga little one the first time and posted on another Disney board - many people there went opn about how innapropriate it was but it was THE best time we went. Just magic to be in that amazing place with the people we loved the most

Post Thanks / Like
    My nephew was 2 when we took him. He had the most amazing time and we're taking him again next year when he'll be 12. Steven was 9 months when he first went and he still talks about hitting Cinderella in the face with a piece of brocolli.

Just remember to go at their pace and not yours.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 274552
    My nephew was 2 when we took him. He had the most amazing time and we're taking him again next year when he'll be 12. Steven was 9 months when he first went and he still talks about hitting Cinderella in the face with a piece of brocolli.

Just remember to go at their pace and not yours.
    How cute!!

Were thinking about having another adult go because its his and his brothers 1st time at Disney! And I don't want to have to leave Lil' Man with a cast member while me and my bf go on Expedition Everest or a roller coastre.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, we all love Disney here, so I doubt anyone will tell you not to take him :)

Having said that, YES, I also agree, Disney is PERFECT for toddlers :)

You do have to plan a bit more when taking little ones, and work around their schedules for meals and naptimes... booking ADRs in advance, checking out which rides he can get on, taking a stroller, etc.... but it is very fun to experience Disney through a little one's eyes :)

I recommend it a 100%

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast