Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Could Marvel Characters be Coming to Disney Parks?

Post Thanks / Like
    It sounds like Disney are working on plans to bring Marvel superheroes, as well as other Disney characters that are popular with boys, into its theme parks.

Bob Iger, the Walt Disney Co. president and chief executive officer, told shareholders about early plans to add new park features during Tuesday’s annual meeting in Kansas City
    Disney officials have hinted that Marvel characters could come to Disney parks since 2009 when the company announced the acquisition of the comic company– home to Spider-Man, Iron Man and other characters. So far, the Disneyland Resort has only added Marvel merchandise.

On Tuesday, Iger said “preliminary design work” is under way on adding Marvel to theme parks.

“We’re working on some concepts,” Iger said in response to a question. “It’s our hope that in a few places around the world, Marvel characters will appear either in attractions or lands or in some form to provide entertainment, like our Disney characters do.”

Iger also said parks and resorts officials want to add more Disney characters that are popular with boys after an audience member asked whether Disney would add meals with male-friendly characters, such as Phineas and Ferb from the animated Disney Channel show.

“That’s a great suggestion,” Iger said. “I know we are hard at work figuring out ways that we can bring Phineas and Ferb in particular into the parks. We think there are some great opportunities there.”

Iger said Disney creators are “kicking around some other ideas for pirates” and “Cars” characters.

“It’s tough to do walk-around characters with cars,” Iger said.

What do you think, is it a good idea to bring the Marvel characters into Disney parks?

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well honestly I just don't know about this. It would take a lot of work to make them "fit", but having said that my Son would die of happiness You would never get Marc to leave the parks!

Post Thanks / Like
    My DH will be over the moon!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    It would definitely be different and I agree they need more boy character meals. However, I don't think any of our grandchildren would know one if they fell over them

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Bizzare , saw a load of Marvel stuff in the London Disney store last weekend

How can you have those characters at Universal and Disney - just weird

Post Thanks / Like
    I personally dont like it :( We spend quite alot of time at Universal/IOA and to me the marvel characters are part of those parks and not disney. For those that dont visit IOA/US i suppose it would be good

Post Thanks / Like
    Not really sure how many times I have to bang my head on this one - you have to keep Disney magic - its what it does,its what it is, and the Marvel characters just are not that.

They just think

we need more boys in the park

boys like marvel

get marvel

They have a huge rich and varied back catalogue of their own movies they can draw on and that s what they should do - heck they could even put the whole cast of Star wars out ther as well - that would get them in!

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I would think that eventually Universal would have to stop using the Marvel Characters.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    I like the idea of Marvel characters, rides and shows coming to WDW. Personally I think there is room for improvement in Hollywood Studios and Marvel would fit in perfectly. The whole section where the Lights Motor Action and Backlot tour would be a good place to set up Marvel rides and shows.

off site- AUG 86 --- carribean beach JULY94
    all star movies JULY99- all star sports JULY00
    coronado JAN01---------all star sports AUG01
    all star music JULY02 ---All Star Movies Apr03
    POR JULY04 -------------Disneyland Hotel Aug 04
    Pop Century APR 05 -----Pop Century AuG 05
    Pop Century AUG 06-----Carribean beach Aug 07
    Pop Century Aug-08----- Pop Century Aug -09
    Pop Century Aug-11------Off Prop- Feb 12
    Caribbean Bch-Aug 12---Pop Century Aug 13
    Pop Dec 14---Pop Feb 15--Pop April 15

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BUTTERHEAD1, post: 275009
    I like the idea of Marvel characters, rides and shows coming to WDW. Personally I think there is room for improvement in Hollywood Studios and Marvel would fit in perfectly. The whole section where the Lights Motor Action and Backlot tour would be a good place to set up Marvel rides and shows.
    I agree with that to be honest, I think they should add more cars/Phineas & Ferb etc but I just don't think Marvel is Disney enough.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast