Thread: Utterly Sick of Hollywood, lawyers and the quest for more money

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry but things like this really get under my skin....

This case could also reflect upon my hatred of those American ladies who are sueing everyone for the Winnie the Pooh money because AA milnes said their grandfather ( or similar) could put Pooh on a bowel and signed a piece of paper saying he could 'use the image'

Now I used to drink in this pub in my youth, it was slightly geeky but good fun and was around years and years before the films came out ( at least 20 )

The Tolkein estate had no issue with it whatsoever

I hate the money grabbing low life - who have , in my opinionm no rights to the property they had no part whatsoever in creating in the first place.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-17350103

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher, post: 274951
    Sorry but things like this really get under my skin....

This case could also reflect upon my hatred of those American ladies who are sueing everyone for the Winnie the Pooh money because AA milnes said their grandfather ( or similar) could put Pooh on a bowel and signed a piece of paper saying he could 'use the image'

Now I used to drink in this pub in my youth, it was slightly geeky but good fun and was around years and years before the films came out ( at least 20 )

The Tolkein estate had no issue with it whatsoever

I hate the money grabbing low life - who have , in my opinionm no rights to the property they had no part whatsoever in creating in the first place.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-17350103
    I agree!

In fact, by my reasoning, if the pub has been using the name for over the last 20 years with the implicit permission of the Tolkein estate, and the movie company didn't "obtain" the rights to the name until the movie production began in 2001, I'd believe the pub would have had prior ownership (implied or otherwise) and the stupid movie company should perhaps be paying them royalties for it's use! (Pints all around!)

But that's just me and my over simplistic view. It's probably not the law.

But the Hollywood prima donnas are still morons!

Tom (... they should get a life!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Doesn't that make you sick? Some little private pub owner is going to be forced out of business because the cost of fighting this are going to be impossible.

Absolutely disgusting and wrong. I hope that public pressure can be of some use. Surely our global connections should be used for some good, and this seems like an opportune time.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Whose bowel did he sign because that is a seriously impressive achievement.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 274996
    Whose bowel did he sign because that is a seriously impressive achievement.
    Im glad you pointed that out too - i read "pooh" and "bowel" and lost the plot, had to read it from the beginning again!

On a serious note though, it does seem very wrong - that poor landlady doesnt stand much of a chance does she

Post Thanks / Like
    Lol. Sorry was in full on rant mode :). Can't even blame auto correct. I think it was actually a plate anyway.

Post Thanks / Like
    Saw this on the local news. I'm on the side of the pub and it's good to see Stephen Fry is too.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm with you guys. Why are people so horrible? If we had a bit more compassion in the world it would be a better place. I'm sick of the those with the money and power who feel the need to crush the little person, and for what gains, for all their money it would hardly be finacial?

I'm a big believer in bad Karma, what goes around comes around.
    Sam x