Thread: He gave in

Post Thanks / Like
    Dh has given in and we have spent the day looking for hutches. We want an indoor rabbit but it needs a hutch. We can not have a wooden one because the cats will use it as their scratching posts. They love to scratch anything but there scratching posts.
    We looked in lots of shops and were shocked to the price of these things. We decided to look on the internet and got a large one that was reduced to 26. So as soon as that arrives we can go and get a bunny.
    Now what to call it, dd wants to call it wee or green :rolleyes008:.I wanted to call it Thumper but dh said no everyone calls their rabbit that. I would really like to get one that we seen in Lands End so have to do some research. I do not know what bread they are. They were black and white with sticky up ears and quite a long nose

:rabbit:

Ok so what do i put at the bottom of the cage. Is it just straw. Any tips would be great.
    Wonder what the cats will think of their new friend

Post Thanks / Like
    We have 2 indoor bunnies and we keep them in the metal cages with the plastic tray that sits underneath. We put a large trash bag over the plastic try and then fill it with shredded paper (most junk mail that we shread up and old newspapers) and then put a small amount of the cedar chips over it to help with any smell. When it is time to change we just turn the bag inside out and toss it away. We make sure the bunnies have something to stand on to get off the metal grid. There are many companies that offer plastic mats that clip on to the grid, they are very comfy for their feet. We feed our bunnies a mix of pellet and timothy hay. They like that best. I think that is much more info then you asked for We have had bunnies for about 8 years now, so if you have any questions feel free to ask :p015:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shellyamc, post: 29231
    We have 2 indoor bunnies and we keep them in the metal cages with the plastic tray that sits underneath. We put a large trash bag over the plastic try and then fill it with shredded paper (most junk mail that we shread up and old newspapers) and then put a small amount of the cedar chips over it to help with any smell. When it is time to change we just turn the bag inside out and toss it away. We make sure the bunnies have something to stand on to get off the metal grid. There are many companies that offer plastic mats that clip on to the grid, they are very comfy for their feet. We feed our bunnies a mix of pellet and timothy hay. They like that best. I think that is much more info then you asked for We have had bunnies for about 8 years now, so if you have any questions feel free to ask :p015:
    Thanks hun. Great tips. We always have lots of shredded paper here as dd loves to shred paper.