Thread: Beach advice for August

Post Thanks / Like
    We have never been to the beach while in Florida so when we go next year that is one of the things we really want to do.
    I will be driving so distance isn't an issue.
    What would be best beach be for August?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Any beach would do but I'm still a fan of the Gulf Coast beaches. Between St. Petersburg and Clearwater are my personal favorites with St. Petersburg beach leading the pack. Sand like powdered sugar. But maybe that's just my nostalgia speaking since I grew up there.

But the Atlantic coast also has some nice beaches. Daytona and the surrounding areas are a bit closer than the Gulf Coast beaches. But they're also a bit more "touristy" IMHO.

Tom (... Florida expat...)

Post Thanks / Like
    I'd like something that less know my most tourist, has warm waters and lovely sandy beaches.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lozzy, post: 275403
    I'd like something that less know my most tourist, has warm waters and lovely sandy beaches.
    Pretty much anywhere there's a beach in Florida, there's going to be tourists. However, there are some options. How about someplace like Fort Desoto State Park? This is also on the Gulf Coast in St. Petersburg and not too far from St. Petersburg Beach. But it's a little off the beaten track and so tends to be populated more with locals than with tourists.

Hope this helps.

Tom (... missing Florida now...)

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, it looks very nice.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you are looking for waves then the Atlantic Coast Beaches are where you want to be. The water on the east coast is generally a bit cooler than on the west coast. Anna Maria Island, in the Sarasota area has some relatively quiet beaches.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix