Thread: Mac alternative to Adobe Illustrator

Post Thanks / Like
    I needed an alternative to Adobe Illustrator on my Mac. I just got tired of paying Adobe's price. So, this morning, I picked up an app for my Mac named Artboard. It's available in the Mac App Store and via their website here. If you too need or want a vector based drawing program at a terrific price ($25.99 in the US App store), give it a try.

It does all I need and more!

Tom (... just passing along the info...)

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Tom! I'll keep that around for when I need one
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm waiting for someone to come up with a good, cheaper alternative to InDesign
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by josh.p., post: 275644
    I'm waiting for someone to come up with a good, cheaper alternative to InDesign
    Take a look at Swift Publisher from BeLight Software. I've got some of their software and everything I've seen has been very good. Granted, it's not as capable as inDesign for for page layout and publishing, but it ain't bad. And the price is loads better $19.99 for Swift Publisher versus $699 for Adobe InDesign. Also available in the Mac App Store.

Tom (... not willing to pay Adobe's prices anymore...)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by catrancher, post: 275646
    Take a look at Swift Publisher from BeLight Software. I've got some of their software and everything I've seen has been very good. Granted, it's not as capable as inDesign for for page layout and publishing, but it ain't bad. And the price is loads better $19.99 for Swift Publisher versus $699 for Adobe InDesign. Also available in the Mac App Store.

Tom (... not willing to pay Adobe's prices anymore...)
    Something to worth thinking about when my student license for Adobe runs out. Uni says that it will stop working when I finish the course however I'm tempted to see if it actually does... I use it for making magazine covers, inside pages and newspaper layouts so I don't know if a cheaper software would be much good, either. I suppose it will help with job seeking if I stick with the industry standard software, anyways.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)