Thread: PRE-TRIP REPORT FOR AUG 2012----UH OH

Post Thanks / Like
    So I booked my Free Dining trip from 8/25- 9/01 and called my brother and sister and told them that the free dining offer was available. So they both booked their vacations for the same date and hotel as I did.
    We all get along great and have vacationed together in the past so I am not that concerned. Last night I threw a birthday party for my 16 year old son and my mother says she is also wants to go and she booked her vacation as well. There will now be a total of 15 of us there together.
    Mom has had 2 strokes, a kidney transplant and lung cancer in the last 20months and we are blessed to have her in our lives but I am afraid she will not be able to endure a week of Disney in August.

off site- AUG 86 --- carribean beach JULY94
    all star movies JULY99- all star sports JULY00
    coronado JAN01---------all star sports AUG01
    all star music JULY02 ---All Star Movies Apr03
    POR JULY04 -------------Disneyland Hotel Aug 04
    Pop Century APR 05 -----Pop Century AuG 05
    Pop Century AUG 06-----Carribean beach Aug 07
    Pop Century Aug-08----- Pop Century Aug -09
    Pop Century Aug-11------Off Prop- Feb 12
    Caribbean Bch-Aug 12---Pop Century Aug 13
    Pop Dec 14---Pop Feb 15--Pop April 15

Post Thanks / Like
    Is she going to go to the parks as well? You've been in Aug you know how brutal that is. I'd get up extra early and do stuff in the am. Then head for back to the hotel during the heat of the day to avoid that. Also you might want to book your TS meals for that time of day.

I'd also go to guest services and get a Guest Assistance Pass for her as well.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, that's a whole herd of people. :tongue:

August is tough. Bring lots of water, sunscreen, and a hat for your mother. (Of course everyone should be using the water and sunscreen though).

Take advantage of the indoor activities during the high time of the day. I could watch the Hall of President all day in the middle of July.

Post Thanks / Like
    Don't forget the First Aid Stations. They are nice refuges from the heat and chaos of the parks. Your Mom could stop by there if she feels too hot or tired. the one in EPCOT is the nicest in my experience.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    It sounds like so much fun!

Your mom is such a trooper!

I say rent an ecv, plan for midday breaks or if going back to the resort is not possible, plan for nice lunch in the parks and to watch shows when its the hotest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    She is definitely getting a motorized scooter for the week. She has said that she will go easy and only do the parks a couple of days. I was trying to think of things she could do like Presidents, Country Bear, carousel of progress and maybe find some shade and people watch while her kids and grand kids run wild in MK. In Epcot she can scoot around the worlds and watch shows and shop.

off site- AUG 86 --- carribean beach JULY94
    all star movies JULY99- all star sports JULY00
    coronado JAN01---------all star sports AUG01
    all star music JULY02 ---All Star Movies Apr03
    POR JULY04 -------------Disneyland Hotel Aug 04
    Pop Century APR 05 -----Pop Century AuG 05
    Pop Century AUG 06-----Carribean beach Aug 07
    Pop Century Aug-08----- Pop Century Aug -09
    Pop Century Aug-11------Off Prop- Feb 12
    Caribbean Bch-Aug 12---Pop Century Aug 13
    Pop Dec 14---Pop Feb 15--Pop April 15

Post Thanks / Like
    Don't know how she feels about it but on our last trip, my DW was having a hard time getting around. So, we said the heck with it and just stayed around the resort (POR). Lounged around the pool, read books and only headed out to the parks for our ADR's.

It turned out to be one of the best vacations we had.

Totally relaxing and completely different from the usual Disney hustle and bustle.

Tom (... just sayin')

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BUTTERHEAD1, post: 275871
    She is definitely getting a motorized scooter for the week. She has said that she will go easy and only do the parks a couple of days. I was trying to think of things she could do like Presidents, Country Bear, carousel of progress and maybe find some shade and people watch while her kids and grand kids run wild in MK. In Epcot she can scoot around the worlds and watch shows and shop.
    Great ideas for her. I think that some of the rides and shows like Living with the Land and indoor shows like Little Mermaid might be good as well. Never went with that many family members! Sounds like a Magical Gathering if I have ever heard.