Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Proud Aunty

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by uscwest, post: 276558
    Can't seem to find you on FB.
    I am there have you tried Sam Davies in North Wales or Chester?
    Sam x

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam, post: 276652
    I am there have you tried Sam Davies in North Wales or Chester?
    I found you :D

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Re: Proud Aunty.

I just wanted to give you all the update of my lovely niece, today was the day she carried the Olympic torch in Swansea.

It was fantastic and very emotional for all the family. After getting up at 5.30am the whole Davies Clan, mum, aunties, uncles, grandparents, great aunties, great uncles and cousins all arrived at Sketty Road in Swansea waiting to see our lovely Amy Claire and her dad. The weather was glorious and it was very warming to see teachers, school friends, neighbours and carers turning out to also show their support.

After the Olympic bus and sponsors did their bit in the distance we could see her coming up the hill in her wheelchair. In true Davies style we all started shouting out her name. At first she looked a bit embarrassed, but then the other people in the crowds who didn't even know her, started calling out to her and that point she started to shine. I never thought it could be so emotional but we were all crying. After the flame was exchanged she was whisked away in the Olympic bus to speak to the press before being brought home.

Afterwards we all gathered at the house for bacon sandwiches and bucks fizz, (oh yes we know how to live the high life), waiting for Amy and her dad to come home. It was a great morning but it was finished off by an extra surprise.

Amy wanted to keep the torch and she had been saving up the 280 to buy it. Although she isn't well enough to go to school full time she has a very strong relationship with her school and school friends. It's not unheard of her mum having to make tea for 20 odd kids sat in her living room. Anyway her best friend secretly started a collection at school and more than the 280 was given by both friends and teachers. The money was presented to her when she got home.

That just about finished us all off. I will download some pictures but in the meantime I do have a few on my facebook page if anybody wants to have a look.
    Sam x

Post Thanks / Like
    That is just magical Sam! I'm not surprised it finished you off, can't wait to see the pics

Post Thanks / Like
    [ATTACH]11541.vB[/ATTACH][ATTACH]11542.vB[/ATTACH][ATTACH]11543.vB[/ATTACH][ATTACH]11544.vB[/ATTACH]
    Sam x

Post Thanks / Like
    Some how ended up putting two of all the torches but never mind. You can see my two little people holding it, it shows you how big it is.
    Sam x

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sure you were all very proud.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh Sam, that it just so wonderful, what lovely friends she has This is something she will never forget and will be with her always and all of the family will be able to remember and treasure this day forever

Thank you so much for sharing the photos and telling us about the day

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12