Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pixie dust again

Post Thanks / Like
    Some of you might remember a while back my grandad was unwell,
    To say he hasn't got any better could be a small under statement, his been in and out of hospital due to having what the doctor thought could be fits or mini strokes.
    The hospital said a while back not to have him admitted if he had anymore of these episodes as there was nothing they could do and while he was in hospital his diabetes got worse.
    Well his had about 7-8 now since Christmas and each time they are getting worse, causing long term brain damage.
    Everyone has been looking after him at home and getting him all the equipment and care he needs, but not really knowing what the cause of these episodes is.
    well he had an appointment a few weeks back to have a small op done but a few days before the hospital cancelled and asked if he could go to the hospital as they had found he had cancer. The cancer is in his liver and can't be treated.
    We don't know how long we've got left with him,as the hospital have explained that due to the amount of illnesses my grandad has its hard to give a time scale,
    They have also said the cancer is causing these episodes he is having, it's something to do with the liver not being able to clean the blood and that results in poison being sent around his body and going to the brain.
    He had a ECG done today which we get the results back next week, the trip to hospital wasn't a good one as to hard a really bad turn yesterday.
    His lost over 3 stone due to not being able to eat or drink when he is taken ill, this is mainly because he forgets how to do things and eating/ drinking is one of them.

Its so sad to see him like this, and it's hard seeing how upset my mum and aunty are at the moment.

Sorry it's a long post.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry to hear your grandpa is not doing well. I'm sure itt has to be tough on the family. Our thoughts and prayer are with you.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    So very sorry, Lozzy. Hoping things change for the better for you and very soon!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Im very sorry to read this news

(big hug)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry to hear that Lozzy

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Tom (... I'm sorry too!)

Post Thanks / Like
    I am so so sorry :(

Ask his doctor for meal replacement drinks for your grandad. We had those for Dad as he lost a lot of weight, they don't help them to put on weight but they have vitamins in them which can give them a little bit of a lift.

It is very hard to watch someone you love become a shadow of the person they used to be, all you can do is be there for your grandad, mum and aunty if they need you and we will be here for you

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh Lozzy, how awful for all of you to be going through this :( Its such a difficult time for you all

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks everyone. I phoned to see how he is today, he hasn't got out of bed today and has sleep a lot. This is normal for him when he has a bad turn.
    I'm going up to see him tomorrow.

Thanks Wendy, he is on the replacement drinks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast