Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Victoria & Albert

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 276232
    Norman's, The Venetian (Room), some say Le Coq au Vin...
    Is this somewhere we could go

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Tink, Donna is a relatively picky eater. No game, seafood of any sort, no veal etc. Chef Hunnel and his staff will work with you to ensure you have a wonderful experience.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, I know John.

Wendy, they are very lovely places, and quite pricey. You and Chris may like to do one for a special celebration! (Anniversary, that sort of thing).

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Tink I think you just hit the nail on the head as to why I've never been able to commit! After the disappointment of the California Grill i didn't want to pay that much to be disapointed. It's not about the cost it's about disappointment really. Now I know a superb place in the Isle of Skye that I'd pay a lot more for LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    My most often used phrase these days seems to be "can be variable" but I'd truly say that V&A food wise has always been nothing short of superb.

As I say, I've found the service a little cutesy at times, although it's much better now.

It's nothing like the california grill, much as I like CG, it's another level altogether
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 276232
    Norman's, The Venetian (Room), some say Le Coq au Vin... http://www.lecoqauvinrestaurant.com/pdfs/dinner.pdf

I SO wish I'd asked this before they ALL look wonderful

Post Thanks / Like
    V&A is one of the few things that I have always wanted to experience but never have. My wife is not an adventurous diner and won't eat anything outside of her comfort zone which is Steak and Chicken. We have been married almost 18 years and this year I was able to get her to eat a shrimp. I would hate to spend 400 dollars to watch her not eat.

off site- AUG 86 --- carribean beach JULY94
    all star movies JULY99- all star sports JULY00
    coronado JAN01---------all star sports AUG01
    all star music JULY02 ---All Star Movies Apr03
    POR JULY04 -------------Disneyland Hotel Aug 04
    Pop Century APR 05 -----Pop Century AuG 05
    Pop Century AUG 06-----Carribean beach Aug 07
    Pop Century Aug-08----- Pop Century Aug -09
    Pop Century Aug-11------Off Prop- Feb 12
    Caribbean Bch-Aug 12---Pop Century Aug 13
    Pop Dec 14---Pop Feb 15--Pop April 15

Post Thanks / Like
    All I can say is that before I went I had exactly the same fear.

I'm very unadventurous in food sadly. I don't eat vegetables at all, never have (not proud of it, just the way it is ) I won't do squidgy things like oysters etc.

Despite all that, I was delighted the first time I went there. They worked with me, very low key and nicely, to slightly tune what was offered on each course to be something I'd like.

Now, that first time therefore, there was a lot more chicken/steak, sauce on the side than there would normally be but that's fine.

Over the subsequent trips, although I've still swapped things around, I've come to understand the pleasure in experiencing the combination of subtle tastes as planned by a great chef. Now, I still often swap out a fish course for another of the meat course options (so I end up with two meat course options and no fish), but I now do try more of the sauces as they intended and I worry less about the bits that come with the courses if that makes sense, I'll try them now.

I wouldn't want to encourage anyone to spend loads of money if they really don't like the look of it and last time I posted photos, it prompted absolute horror at the portion sizes from some folks but I do think it's a shame not to try it because if you give them the chance, they really do try extremely hard to make sure the experience is enjoyed even by fussy eaters like me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Despite this upcoming trip now being on a budget. we are keeping our reservation at V&A. It is going to be my birthday present and meal as neither of us wanted to cancel. I have a few fussy food things - I am allergic to chilli in any form, don't eat fish (though eat shellfish) or offal, don't like many vegetables, but this is never an issue. The service is incredible, yet totally unstuffy, and we ask for the same servers each time. Jack and Sherry are a married couple, and always have a good old chat with us as well as simply doing waitery-type things. They really do know their food and wine too, not just what they need to know for their work. As for the portion sizes being small? Well, if they were any larger then we couldn't eat all of the many courses! And that would be a bad thing We still seem to come away with some sort of doggy bag from there, even if it is the chocolates from the coffee service.

Last time we were there the lady harpist, who is amazing, was playing a selection of songs by people like Nirvana, The Killers and the Red Hot Chilli Peppers Sherry said they loved her as she played cool stuff, but the diners who simply loved the sound of the beautiful background music didn;t even notice!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12