Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Victoria & Albert

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi,

Just wondering if the above restaurant is any good?

If you had a choice between the above or Brown Derby which one would you go to?

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Deafjeff, post: 276194
    Hi,

Just wondering if the above restaurant is any good?

If you had a choice between the above or Brown Derby which one would you go to?

Jeff
    oh gosh Jeff, they're nowhere near in the same category.

V&A is a very elegant, several course menu and your table has its own servers and wine waiter. It's about $125 each not including tax/tip and it'll take you a good few hours to work through.

Brown Derby is pretty standard park fare albeit the best quality restaurant at hollywood studios. It's "OK", bit expensive for what you get, but the best bet at the studios for sure.
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks!

We just realised that V&A is not included in the dining plan so will give it a miss this time round.

Post Thanks / Like
    No, Victoria and Albert's will not be in the dining plan. It's the one restaurant where the dress code is enforced, men have to wear a jacket and tie.

The menu changes with the availability of luxury items, so you don't really know what your option will be before you get there. They also have a chef's table option which is more costly than the main dining room.

It is Disney's premiere restaurant and really does have no comparison on property.

We've never been because we simply don't have that much faith in Disney dining! We've had incredible meals at other restaurants and are not afraid to pay a premium price for excellence but just don't trust the whole Disney as gourmet chef, thing.

We're impossible. I know. :(

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    we'd agreed not to go back this time since we did a wonderful but even more expensive christmas day V&A meal, but just talking about it here makes me want to book for May

Tink, you really must try it one day because I'd love to hear your opinion on it. For me, the service has always been a bit cliche, never quite reaching that "just right" level of attentiveness without bothersome. They're doing better at not acting their Disney roles these days though which is a distinct improvement! The food however has always been just simply superb and nothing short of that. I say all this as the most fussy eater in the world!

Post Thanks / Like
    We've never been, I was thinking about it for next year, but I will be looking at other restaurants as well recommended by our Tink.

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    I seem to have some sort of block when it comes to V & A's. No one enjoys a haute cuisine meal more than we. For some reason, I just don't see Disney delivering on that.

But one day, curiosity will get the better of me and we'll go. I think if I were to actually plan to go for something special, I'd try for the Chef's table...

I'm just nervous about running into selections of things that we'd never eat, like sweetbreads or other organ meat. Makes me queasy just to think of it.

To date, Josiah Citron is our ultimate chef for the most incredible meal ever... and counting. :D

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Is there somewhere else in Orlando of that kind of quality we should be trying Tink?

Post Thanks / Like
    You've got Keith's attention now Tink

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Norman's, The Venetian (Room), some say Le Coq au Vin... http://www.lecoqauvinrestaurant.com/pdfs/dinner.pdf

Josiah is in Santa Monica, CA just so I don't confuse the issue about Orlando.

Fine dining is a challenge in Orlando, as with many tourist areas. Too much focus on vacuuming out pockets and not enough focus on the return customer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast