1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

21 day ticket or annual pass?

Discussion in 'Tickets, Offers and Discounts' started by daftaboutdisney, Jun 11, 2011.

1. daftaboutdisney

daftaboutdisney Earning my ears

hiya :) which is better value? 21 day park ticket ultimate from the UK or the annual pass?

Where can we buy an annual pass from ?

2. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

An annual pass will provide you with discounts on many things such as some meals in some restaurants, shopping, parking (always free with an annual pass) tours, other events. Not sure if the 21 day pass comes with discounts.

You can purchase an AP at any ticket gate in WDW or at DTD. Online too, and I'm sure there are other places, but wherever you purchase any ticket be sure it's from an authorized source.

3. WDW Vet

WDW Vet Forum Advertiser

The annual pass itself does not provide discounts on dining on it's own. You need to add The Tables in Wonderland. That gives you 20% off of food and beverages at over 70 Disney Resort hotel and Theme Park restaurants. (Discount is good for up to 10 guests.) It cost $60 US.

Annual pass reservation can now add Disney Dining plans to the reservation. You pay the regular rate of the plan but you get discounts from 10 to 20% off select restaurants

Besides the above mentioned the annual pass provides discounts on rooms as well. The current annual pass promo runs now through 8/13 and saves up to 35%. There are two types of annual pass. The regular annual pass runs for adults $499 US and allows hopping between the 4 theme parks only. The premium annual pass for adults $629 US also includes, water parks, DisneyQuest and ESPN World of Sports complex. The 21 Day Ultimate is the same as the premium as far what you can visit for only 21 days but does not provide any discounts on the above items.

Now everyone does not require an annual pass in the party. One person can get the annual pass and that will get the room discount when released as well as dining for the rest of the party. Then everyone else can get the 21 day tix

I hope that helped. If you have any questions please feel free to shoot me a message.

4. Tink

The annual pass sleeve I have allows for percentages off certain places, for certain meals not including alcohol:

Cap'n Jacks
    Biergarten, Nine Dragons, Marrakesh, San Angel Inn, Teppan Edo, Toky Dining, Tutto Italia
    Fulton's Crab House
    Ghirardelli's
    Hollywood and Vine
    HOuse of Blues
    Pardiso 37
    Portobello Trattoria
    Planet Hollywood
    Rainforest Cafe
    T-Rex Cafe
    ESPN
    Kouzzina
    Sanaa
    The Wave
    Trail's End
    Grand Floridian Cafe
    Olivia's Cafe
    Turf Club
    Whispering Canyon Cafe
    Captain's Grille
    Wolfgang Pucks
    Yak and Yeti

You do NOT need the TIW card for these discounts. If you have an AP there is a discount to purchase the TIW card, however.

5. WDW Vet

WDW Vet Forum Advertiser

Correct on the AP discounts for the post above but those are 10% discounts only and many restrictions. At many locations they are meal specific (breakfast only, lunch only) and some are day specific such as weekdays only. usual it is discounts for 4 people The TIW provides 20% savings and over 70 restaurants and the only restrictions are no major holidays. Also for large parties the discounts apply to 10 people.

6. Tink

I'm not debating the merits of either card for food discount. I'm simply pointing out that the AP provides for food discounts that range from 10-20% and apply to various meal times.

The AP is a valuable card, with discounts on many things, and other perks that are released throughout the given year. There is a passholder site at the official WDW website that keeps the AP holder up to date.

The TIW card comes with restrictions as well, and as I have found out the hard way, the rules can be changed mid stream with holidays; whereby the TIW is accepted for a portion of the day and then denied for later in the day (which is what happened to me one fine St. Patrick's day). The TIW is subject to acceptance which is something many people do not realize. Just because you have it doesn't mean that the given restaurant will accept it on special occasions or during busier times of the year.