Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fed up!

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm thoroughly fed up with feeling ill all the time I seem to take 2 steps forward and 4 back.

I'm fed up with taking medication all the time that is probably messing up my kidneys and liver and the constant fighting to get things done or get past the receptionists to see my doctor.

I've still not had the results of my MRI, I called the surgery on Monday and they hadn't heard anything from the consultant. I then had a phone call from the consultant's secretary asking if I'd had the MRI done yet as they haven't had the results, she said she would chase it up.

Just a few minutes ago I had a call from the surgery saying that they have received a letter from the consultant and that they had been asked make me an appointment to see my doctor as soon as possible.......................here's the rub, the first pre-bookable appointment is the 30th April! :(

I've just made another appointment to see the optician on Friday as my vision is getting worse, I only had it checked in November

Why can't I just have a normal pain free life, it's not much to ask is it

As you can tell I am feeling very sorry for myself and to make it worse there isnít a piece of chocolate anywhere in the house

I guess it's a case of pick myself up again and soldier on, but it is getting very tiresome

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry you're feeling like that Wendy, wish I could make it better

Post Thanks / Like
    I am so sorry to hear that the results and information you need about the results are so hard to obtain. I drives me bonkers when things like this happen. I deal with it on a daily basis for my residents and it doesn't make it any easier. I get sick to death of giving receptionists and office managers a piece of my mind. :(

I can only send you love and every good wish that things improve for you (and fast)!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.Ē ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm so sorry. There always seems to be a hurry up and wait theme with doctors.

A couple years ago, I was having constant back/leg pain. Couldn't do anything. In fact, I spent most of one December in bed. I remember thinking just like you...I wish I could live pain free. And I remember thinking "boy have I been taking those previous pain free days for granted." I still have troubles here and there, but no where near as bad as before (thank goodness).

I think it's okay to occasionally feel sorry for ourselves...sometimes life sucks, plain and simple. However, try to find the small pleasures in life.

Post Thanks / Like
    Chin up Wendy :hug: hope you feel better soon

Post Thanks / Like
    Wendy honey I'm so sorry to hear you aren't feeling well. I can't believe that "As Soon As Possible" is still almost a month away. If you got something like that today here you'd be in to see the Dr. NLT Friday of this week if not sooner.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you all I try so hard not to let things get to me these days and I like to think I've been doing well this last year or so. Admittedly it's not all me, they have finally got my meds right for my panic attacks and depression.

I phoned Chris in a bit of a state and he said he would be home for lunch, he then called me back to say that he has spoken to the surgery and my doctor is away until the 11th April, but he has arranged a telephone appointment for the 12th April.

It's probably nothing to worry about, but when you are a natural born worrier it's a tad difficult :)

You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.

Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am so sorry i know it is difficult but stay positive thinking about you

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Life is a journey not a destination"

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh wendy i know i would be feeling exactly the same as you! and its not great when someone tells you you need to see the dr asap and yet you cant get in for aaaages - thats bound to play on your mind!

You need to get some chocolate in the house lady, thatll make you feel a bit better! Get a big easter egg and have it early!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kate, post: 276434

You need to get some chocolate in the house lady, thatll make you feel a bit better! Get a big easter egg and have it early!
    I'm on a diet that's why there isn't any chocolate, Chris says it's too much of a temptation

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast