Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Need Apple iMac opinions...

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep that's right, the SSD Air's have either 128GB or 256GB. That's easily enough to work with but nowhere near the capacity of spinny disks :)

Most people nowadays keep just what they need on the laptops and then keep the data on a Networked drive and of course increasingly in the cloud so they can get to it from anywhere.

It'll be interesting to see what they do with the rumoured 15" thinner pro. They could go SSD, or even SSD+hard drive for the best of both worlds though that increases cost and weight.
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Why do I keep coming into this thread

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven't been able to convince myself to spend the extra money on any kind of Mac product so far. And now that I do have an iPad I'm not sure I like the way some things run in Safari. Of course that could be caused by limitations of the iPad I suppose.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    We have a Mac Air and it's a wonderful machine. Can't say enough good about it.

Have an 8 year old iMac! Unfortunately, the boy has done something to it and it's not running right now (won't turn on) but through no fault of its own. :( We'd take it for repair, but it is 8 years old, after all...

Herself wants another mac laptop, and we may get a macbook pro just for the versatility of things (and since the desktop seems to be "gone" ).

I know that doesn't really contribute to the info you are looking for catrancher, but I thought I'd throw it on the pile, just because. :D

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 276594
    We have a Mac Air and it's a wonderful machine. Can't say enough good about it.

Have an 8 year old iMac! Unfortunately, the boy has done something to it and it's not running right now (won't turn on) but through no fault of its own. :( We'd take it for repair, but it is 8 years old, after all...

Herself wants another mac laptop, and we may get a macbook pro just for the versatility of things (and since the desktop seems to be "gone" ).

I know that doesn't really contribute to the info you are looking for catrancher, but I thought I'd throw it on the pile, just because. :D
    Thanks anyway Tink! I know I don't have to convince Mac owners to get another one. I'm just trying to figure out for myself how I want to go about upgrading my DW's machine.

This morning I'm looking at the 27" iMacs!

Tom (... well... bigger's better innit?)

Post Thanks / Like
    The 27 is the best for sure ;-) I wouldn't have a different kind now (unless maybe they brought out a 30 )

Post Thanks / Like
    The 27s are like nearly 6 better

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been having a similar dilemma recently.

I have a desktop iMac 2006 (the white one) which I have upgraded so that it now runs on Lion, though some of the functionality is still missing.

I had a 15" MacBook pro which I had for three years and 20 days and the logic board blew up.

I have an iPad 2 now. Between my iMac, which I use for video editing and every day office use, and my iPad I haven't missed my MacBook pro one bit, apart from having someone shiny to play with.
    Was tempted by the Air but it's size (or lack of) and relatively similar price to the pros and new iMacs means I'm no longer tempted.

I haven't heard any rumour of a new laptop, but my gut tells me to wait for the next big thing which is likely to be a laptop product. But if I had to choose right now it would be to replace my very loyal and 6 year old iMac for the new, big and shiny 27 incher.

Cheers
    Stephen

Post Thanks / Like
    I'd be very surprised if we didn't see a new 15" macbook pro/air combined laptop by the end of this month beginning of May

I reckon maybe a bit thicker than the air, but much thinner than the pro and no DVD of course

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 276671
    I'd be very surprised if we didn't see a new 15" macbook pro/air combined laptop by the end of this month beginning of May

I reckon maybe a bit thicker than the air, but much thinner than the pro and no DVD of course
    They're supposed to be building 200K of them by the 15th of this month.

But I still being really tempted by the current crop of 27" iMacs.

Tom (... trying to be patient...)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast