Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Need Apple iMac opinions...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by catrancher, post: 277699
    Well, it's inconvenient that's for sure. However, I've been in touch with Apple Care and there's been no problem with them setting up the return. They provided a pre-paid shipping label and everything. I asked them if I could return it to the local Apple Store and they indicated that would be fine. So, it's all boxed back up and ready to go. Now, I just need a couple of hours to get to the Apple store.

Stay tuned...

Tom (... I really liked the size of the thing!)
    Why do I get the feeling you'll be back with a brand new 27" one?!

I need to upgrade my macbook! I have the white one and it's fine. Heavily scratched, but runs like a dream. I just much prefer the aluminium design and frankly haven't bought much Apple stuff recently. With my staff discount and 6 months interest free credit it looks very appealing...
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by josh.p., post: 277716
    Why do I get the feeling you'll be back with a brand new 27" one?!
    Hmmm... whatever would give you that idea?

Tom (... leaving for the Apple store shortly...)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher, post: 276488
    I know I can't give the technical arguments that Keith has but I simply adore my 27 inch iMac , everyone who has seen it from my family and friends having seen it and had a play have gone home and bought one, think we are up to 6 converts so far.

Had it 2 years or more now and it is as fast and crisp as the day I bought it, no pc I've ev owned could say that. The design is pretty near perfect, only one lead etc.

I have an i5 and come nowhere near to pushing it.

There is a new OS in the offing soon is there not?
    Yeah, what Chris said! We have the Imac and for the most part love it....came from years and years of windows machines so microsoft office looks totally weird. Daughter has the macbook pro and it has held up to three years of university so far...knock on wood and totally stoked about our new Ipad. Not sure why I added that, just felt good to say it.:tongue:

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok.

Went to the old Apple Store late yesterday. Returned the defective refurbished one and walked out with a brand new shiny 27" iMac.
    Did I mention it's new?

Anyway, set it up this morning and the migration assistant is currently migrating me from my old Macbook Pro over to the new, shiny, iMac.
    Did I mention it's shiny?

About 2 hours to go over Firewire 800 (what can I say, I had a bunch of stuff to migrate).

Sitting in front of this thing is definitely more interesting that sitting in front of my 17" Macbook Pro.
    This feels more like I'm sitting in a theater.

I think me is gonna like. A lot!

Tom (... oh... and the 7200 RPM disk seems to make it substantially more sudden...)

Post Thanks / Like
    All done!

My what a tremendous amount of screen real estate this thing's got!

I also gotta get used to this keyboard. I keep hitting the caps lock.

Tom (... but to quote Chevy Chase, "I like it! I really like it!")

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry I missed this. Congratulations my friend are you still enjoying it ? I had the caps lock problem to start as well

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher, post: 278643
    Sorry I missed this. Congratulations my friend are you still enjoying it ? I had the caps lock problem to start as well
    Enjoying it?

Absolutely!

Just keep trying to figure out what other windows I might want to keep open. Gotta do something with all that beautiful screen real estate.

Also, now that I've gotten used to the keyboard, I love it!
    It's so nice to have the nice tactile feel to the keys and the ability just to shove it around anywhere I want it on my desk. I may even get another keyboard to use with my iPad. I like it that much.

Tom (... bigger is better! )

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234