Thread: Help from USA friends

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi All,

I'm trying to order Nando a special harness. They don't make them in the UK for reasons unknown, but the postage price from the USA is more than the actual harness!

I would say it ways no more than 1lb or so.

How much would it be to post it from the US to the UK? and my second question, if posting it is cheaper than about $45 (which is what they want to ship it over here! ), would anyone be willing to receive it and forward it on. I will, of course, pay for the postage in advance with paypal or whatever other method you would prefer!

I may yet be able to find one in the UK but just putting my feelers out to see if I'm being completely ripped off with postage!

Thanks,

Josh
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Josh,

I just checked the USPS web site. Depending on how big and how much the package weighs is going to determine the price. Just for fun I input a small package that weighs 1lb and came up with postage rates that vary from $11.60 at the cheapest up to $72.45. If you want tracking and insurance on the shipment, it looks like your lowest price option would be about $43.65.

Tom (... it ain't cheap!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Using Priority Mail, Flat Rate Shipping a box weighing less than 4 pounds can be shipped to the UK for $16.95. Maximum value of the contents is $400.00.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Josh, not sure how quickly you want it, but if you could time it to get it sent to me at my hotel when I go in May I'll bring it back for you, that's if it isn't too late for you. Not sure how easy that is to do, but just a thought

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Deb, post: 276572
    Josh, not sure how quickly you want it, but if you could time it to get it sent to me at my hotel when I go in May I'll bring it back for you, that's if it isn't too late for you. Not sure how easy that is to do, but just a thought
    Hi Deb,

That would be really helpful if it wasn't too much bother. I'm still looking for one in the UK but will let you know in good time. I don't want it to take up room in your suitcase though or bother you whilst you're on holiday!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    I wonder if it would be small enough to fit in an international flat rate box?

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by josh.p., post: 276573
    Hi Deb,

That would be really helpful if it wasn't too much bother. I'm still looking for one in the UK but will let you know in good time. I don't want it to take up room in your suitcase though or bother you whilst you're on holiday!
    Josh, we are flying with BA, and as far as I can see our hand baggage has no restriction on weight, just on size (a normal small wheely case). So there shouldn't be a problem bringing it back. It's the hotel delivery that we will have to check I guess. But if we can sort that then the bringing it back isn't a problem.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by uscwest, post: 276556
    Using Priority Mail, Flat Rate Shipping a box weighing less than 4 pounds can be shipped to the UK for $16.95. Maximum value of the contents is $400.00.
    That price can't be right? I don't think I've ever been able to mail anything to the UK that cheap except for a calendar.

Josh, do you have a link to the harness? Does it say how much it weighs on the site? I'm willing to get it for you if you don't want to wait for Deb.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnie, post: 276702
    That price can't be right? I don't think I've ever been able to mail anything to the UK that cheap except for a calendar.

Josh, do you have a link to the harness? Does it say how much it weighs on the site? I'm willing to get it for you if you don't want to wait for Deb.
    Johnie I went right to USPS on this. They have set rate boxes used for priority mail. And that is the International price. The same box sent here in the U.S. would be around $6.00 if I remember correctly but with no weight limit.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix