Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rose & Crown Menu

Post Thanks / Like
    Well it's rubbish, isn't it? Seriously is any of that "proper" British food. That's not even a proper Ploughman's Lunch they serve - that should never have meat, just a big hunk of cheese.

What about a proper English Breakfast?

Or proper Shepherd's Pie made with minced lamb - and for crying out loud do not put cheese on top.

Lancashire Hotpot, traditional Roast Beef, Irish Stew, Cornish Pasties, Tatties and Neeps, Cumberland Sossidge - there's any number of real British dishes that even the unadventurous tourist could be tempted with.

I despair at vegetable curry...

Post Thanks / Like
    I was honestly shocked when I happened across the UK pavilion at EPCOT for the first time. Of all the things they could've done :/

Even the chip shop was a pretty lame imitation and no, paying to put harry ramsdens name on the top didn't make it any more authentic

Of course rose & crown is the most disappointing. AWFUL dishes and in most cases, pretty dismal in terms of production as well as imagination.
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Listen you two, Rose and Crown has it all over the American pavilion's offerings. Seriously? Flipping chicken tenders and burgers???? WHAT is up with that?

Same for Italy though, too. What a lost opportunity.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    The only time we ate in the UK pavilion was when we lived in South Carolina and had tI have fish and chips. Do you think every nationality says it about their food though?

Post Thanks / Like
    Dawn, when Donna and I were in London in 2007 we both ordered Ploughman's lunches. She ordered cheese and I ordered meat. We shared. Later at a different pub she got one that had both meat and cheese.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Did you have pork pie? Nom nom

Post Thanks / Like
    Ooooh i love pork pies!!! Seriously, i have never met another pork pie lover thats not a member of my family!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kate, post: 277080
    Ooooh i love pork pies!!! Seriously, i have never met another pork pie lover thats not a member of my family!
    We love them, Yorkshire ones are the best IMO, straight from the oven so that the juices run out, may have to drive up to Harrogate now LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    Ive never had one like that before, sounds reeeeally nice! I quite like the ones in m&s that used to have a bit of cheese ontop, dont know if you can still get them though and tbh im probably better off not knowing!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by uscwest, post: 277074
    Dawn, when Donna and I were in London in 2007 we both ordered Ploughman's lunches. She ordered cheese and I ordered meat. We shared. Later at a different pub she got one that had both meat and cheese.
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

It's bread, cheese, pickles, apple or other seasonal fruit. That's it. It's a traditional cheap lunch eaten in the field by the ploughman, and often had all ingredients hand made by the ploughman's wife. And eaten with no cutlery.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast