Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 25

Thread: Virgin premium economy

  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    North East England
    Posts
    13,365
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hmm..in my opinion it's not worth the extra 's. Although our only experience with PE was filled with moments from finding out I didn't have an air vent, to the seatback tv not working to.......40 minutes into the flight being sprayed to soaking point with beer!!!!

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Caerphilly
    Posts
    4,026
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Isafari, post: 276738
    Hmm..in my opinion it's not worth the extra 's. Although our only experience with PE was filled with moments from finding out I didn't have an air vent, to the seatback tv not working to.......40 minutes into the flight being sprayed to soaking point with beer!!!!
    Not good!

    Our travel agent could not upgrade us until 30 days before due to some silly red tape blah blah




    ---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?xg5rey




  3. #13
    Administrator Wendy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    In Neverland
    Posts
    21,296
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Deafjeff, post: 276740
    Not good!

    Our travel agent could not upgrade us until 30 days before due to some silly red tape blah blah




    ---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?xg5rey
    Oh that's a shame, try calling the flying club and see if they can help you. I'm not sure that they will, but it's worth a try.

    It seems a bit strange that they can't find out prices or book it for you









    If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne



    A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

  4. #14
    Senior Member uscwest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Woodbridge, VA
    Posts
    8,158
    Post Thanks / Like
    We've not flow with Virgin but when we went to the UK in 2007 we paid for Premium Economy on BA. On the way over they upgraded us to World Club. On the way home, no upgrade and we were less than impressed by PE.





    My Facebook Profile: Facebook

    To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

    When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix



  5. #15
    Senior Member Esmeralda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,355
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by uscwest, post: 276753
    We've not flow with Virgin but when we went to the UK in 2007 we paid for Premium Economy on BA. On the way over they upgraded us to World Club. On the way home, no upgrade and we were less than impressed by PE.
    I don't think you can compare two different airlines to be fair.




  6. #16
    Administrator Wendy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    In Neverland
    Posts
    21,296
    Post Thanks / Like
    BA's PE is nothing like Virgin Atlantic's PE.

    I think BA's PE is in between economy and and VA's PE.









    If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne



    A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

  7. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Caerphilly
    Posts
    4,026
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy, post: 276747
    Oh that's a shame, try calling the flying club and see if they can help you. I'm not sure that they will, but it's worth a try.

    It seems a bit strange that they can't find out prices or book it for you
    Will give them a call this afternoon


    ---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?4zbptu




  8. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Caerphilly
    Posts
    4,026
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sigh they can't help (!) had to ask our travel agent and they can't do anything until 30 days before (!)

    So it doesn't look good at all




  9. #19
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Staffordshire U.K.
    Posts
    5,833
    Post Thanks / Like
    If the plane is a 747, then at check in ask if seats on row 75 are available.
    This is the emergency exit seat row upstairs in the "bubble" which is only assigned at check in, but it gives you oodles of leg room....in fact you would have to leave your seat and walk to row 74....making it ideal for a nap on the return journey.





  10. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Caerphilly
    Posts
    4,026
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowhand, post: 276793
    If the plane is a 747, then at check in ask if seats on row 75 are available.
    This is the emergency exit seat row upstairs in the "bubble" which is only assigned at check in, but it gives you oodles of leg room....in fact you would have to leave your seat and walk to row 74....making it ideal for a nap on the return journey.
    Ooohh may try that!




Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •