Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Virgin premium economy

Post Thanks / Like
    I upgraded us to PE for our flight home after we got married (so it was 2005), I worse a vest top that said "just married" on it in the hope we would get upgraded to UC but no such luck!
    It was nice, we were upstairs on a 747 and the extra leg room made such a difference to dh as he is 6ft 2in. The food was ok and the service was ok, it was so much easier to try and sleep so id definately say if you are going to do it then do it for the night flight on your way home.
    That said, unless we suddenly became rich overnight i wouldnt pay to do it again - it was a wedding treat, back then it was about 500 to upgrade to PE and its not something i would pay that amount of money on again!

Post Thanks / Like
    I remember when the bubble on a 747 was a first class/upper class lounge. I flew with BA one time many years ago and was seated down stairs. After the pilot turned off the seat belt sign we were invited to go up to the lounge. The flight attendants prepared our first drink for us and then showed us the bar where they had full size bottles of liquor and told us to help ourselves. They came and got us when dinner was ready.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    If you're not able to upgrade to premium economy I would say upgrade to the emergency exit seats.
    With virgin the last time we flew with them you pay 50 each and are able to get the exit seats. Because they have to see that you are physically able to help in an emergency these seats aren't assigned until check in. I always made sure we were at the airport close to when check in opened so we could get these seats.
    On our way home from Washington DC once because we had paid for exit seats and they run out of room in economy they upgraded us to premium economy.
    Personally I'm not sure if premium economy is really worth the money, ok so the seats are a little wider and you get a bit more leg room but for a fraction of the cost you can get the leg room on exit seats.
    If I had the money available I would upgrade the seat coming home to upper class as its a night flight and I suffer terribly with jet lag.

Post Thanks / Like
    Weird how everyone has different experiences!

On our last flight the lady behind the counter said oooo we have exit seats available, you get the one by the window free and just have to pay 50 for the one next to it. LOADS more space etc.

So we did it. Well, I soon found why the first seat was free, the emergency exit door and all its associated bits comes so far into the plane that given I'm reasonably tall, I couldn't even sit in the seat without pulling my legs up. DW was slightly better but hardly comfortable.

Perhaps on some planes the doors don't protrude so far in or perhaps not all the exit rows are the same but I'd never ever sit there again not even if it was free!
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    The emergency seats in the bubble don't suffer the problem of the protruding door.

I know what you mean though, I've been stuck in that seat in economy, it was before they started charging, so it was quite a while ago. We went for the aisle and middle seat after that which are slightly better.

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123