Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Virgin premium economy

Post Thanks / Like
    Has anyone flown with Virgin in their premium economy class? Is it worth the price to upgrade? DH is giving me puppy eyes (his own, not some unfortunate recently blinded pooch) in readiness for our trip in Sept.

Cheers

Stephen

Post Thanks / Like
    Look at my eyes dear.....

Anyway what would you recommend upgrading for outbound or return?

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?jlx2fp

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Clarkkent, post: 276680
    Has anyone flown with Virgin in their premium economy class? Is it worth the price to upgrade? DH is giving me puppy eyes (his own, not some unfortunate recently blinded pooch) in readiness for our trip in Sept.
    Oh gosh where to start :)

It it *WORTH* the difference in price? Personally I don't think so no. You get a bit more room, champagne when you board, different but not really much better food :/ you MAY get off first and your bags may be off first too.

So WORTH it? Nah, but is it good to do? yeah absolutely economy is sooooo basic nowadays. The room is JUST enough, the food is awful etc. Premium economy feels more relaxed and you do arrive in a better frame of mind IMHO.

Not helping am I? :D my line in the sand is, if you have the spare cash and you wouldn't be forgoing anything else on hols in order to do premium, then it's worth doing but if you start thinking well with the extra money I could buy XYZ, then put up with economy, have a sleep, and use the money for something more permanent or fun :)
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mmmmhhh thanks for the info...

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?lbv5yv

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Deafjeff, post: 276683
    Look at my eyes dear.....

Anyway what would you recommend upgrading for outbound or return?
    Welcome to the most awful choice!

Both ways is best so you dont have to decide

outbound is great, it's exciting and really adds to the yayayayay holiday feeling! If you're anything like me, you're awake most of, or all of, the way anyway so you can make the most of being in premium.

On the other side, return you may be feeling a bit sad and premium is a bit of a lift, plus it's far easy to sleep in premium BUT you're not then really awake to enjoy it all. HMMM!

(I usually choose outbound if we do it at all since nothing is going to cheer me up on the way back so I may as well just be in economy)
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    We may pop into our travel agent tomorrow and find out how much to upgrade....

Darling, look at my eyes.....

Post Thanks / Like
    I would say yes it IS worth it... I did it once and never looked back... after 8 hours in the next class you will be glad you did. Open that curtain when you land and see all the other people cramped and squished like sardines. I always save up and go the extra mile.

One tip... if anyone is disabled in your family, when you hand your passports over at check in you can *request* the bulkhead seats... you may not get them but they are generally reserved for disabled or babies cos that's where the baby cots go. There is a bit more leg room there.. we always ask and we have been lucky so far.

Oh and your luggage will not come off first... I should know... mine never has! I just pay for the leg room.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would pay the difference Chris is 6ft 2" so it gives him a little more leg room even if the person in front reclines - I won't get started on whether they should or shouldn't

I personally feel you get a better service in PE, we've always found them less hassled and busy and so they aren't rushed.

The other thing that is nice is if you go on the 747 you are up in the bubble and it's a small cabin which is much quieter.

As Keith said your cases are normally off first and you get off the flight quicker.

If I could only go one way I think I would choose to come home as it's quieter and the seats are more comfortable.

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you can afford it and it won't take the money from elsewhere then do it! Anyway I haven't forgiven you for not letting Jeff buy Cath Kidson stuff! So I think you should do it!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy, post: 276692
    I would pay the difference Chris is 6ft 2" so it gives him a little more leg room even if the person in front reclines - I won't get started on whether they should or shouldn't

I personally feel you get a better service in PE, we've always found them less hassled and busy and so they aren't rushed.

The other thing that is nice is if you go on the 747 you are up in the bubble and it's a small cabin which is much quieter.

As Keith said your cases are normally off first and you get off the flight quicker.

If I could only go one way I think I would choose to come home as it's quieter and the seats are more comfortable.
    What she said. If I could only do it one way then on the way back as it's an overnighter and you can get a reasonable bit of shuteye... hopefully.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast