Thread: I need some cat advice please!!

Post Thanks / Like
    This is really starting to annoy me now and i was wondering if anyone had any advice.
    I have 4 girlie cats, all of whom have been neutered - recently 2 very persistent tom cats have been in my garden trying it on with my girls, i have no idea why! I just cant get rid of the things, they are really terrorising my girls and im at the point where i hate them going out because i know these toms are out there :( I cant see any collars or any form of I.D on them, i dont know where they live - they obviously have intentions though as they scream and fight with one another.
    The other thing of course is their spraying i am sick to death of walking down my garden and smelling their spray, i have seen them do it over everything, the guinea pig hutch, my flower pots, my fence and dd's play house etc :(

Its really getting me down and im sure its getting my girls down too! I just dont know what to do - any ideas? please?

Post Thanks / Like
    i don't know, perhaps ring your vet or the RSPCA for advice?

Post Thanks / Like
    Do your cats climb over your wall? I was thinking you could put those cat deterrent spikes around the fence/wall? I'm pretty sure I've seen humane ones that don't cause any harm but do stop them from jumping over your fence.

You can borrow Nando if you want
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by josh.p., post: 276853
    Do your cats climb over your wall? I was thinking you could put those cat deterrent spikes around the fence/wall? I'm pretty sure I've seen humane ones that don't cause any harm but do stop them from jumping over your fence.

You can borrow Nando if you want

The neighbourhood cats taunt my dog Josh! Lol

Post Thanks / Like
    I can tell you now josh if i didnt have cats of my own i would be on my way to collect nando right this second!

Think im going to invest in somekind of super water pistol, they sit on the fence at the bottom of the garden and just stare at me knowing full well by the time i get down there they will be well gone.

My cats do get over my fence, i know about those things you were talking about though josh as my neighbour but some of them on her 1 panel of fencing so that my cats wont go on it. Never mind about everything they have hammered and screwed into my fence but thats a whole new story.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have visions of you with a super soaker spraying the bad cats saying 'jog on kitties'

Post Thanks / Like
    There are a number of products you can buy now. There's a strong citrus smelling one called "get off" which you sprinkle around places they normally hang out. It's not harmful, just really smells of citrus which cats hate. There's also another one called Scent Off.

You can also tie silver foil to sticks and spread orange peel in the places they use. The foil makes a rustling sound they don't like, and reflects the light which makes them a little confused. The orange peel, again, they don't like the smell of.

One other thing apparently that cats don't like is pepper, so you could sprinkle a large dose of pepper in some areas and see if that deters them.

Hope that helps?
    Stephen

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Stephen - but im not sure my own cats would like any of those things very much! I think Tuesday i might ring the rspca and see what they say. Surely if they are stray cats then they might help?

Britchick, you have the right idea - although i might use other words the way im feeling right now!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Tin foil really worked at my parents house

Also, keeping your cats in for a week or so, while at the same time doing all the stuff mentioned above :)

We tried water pistols, they only worked momentarily, cats are fast ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk