Thread: Sonic Boooooooom!!

Post Thanks / Like
    So, is there anyone on here that heard the sonic boom yesterday?! Here's the story of how it happened: http://www.thisisbath.co.uk/Fighter-...ail/story.html

We stood watching the whole thing, the sound of the jet was absolutely phenomenal - the sort of sound that gets right in your chest, i love it!!

Post Thanks / Like
    i didn't hear it, quite unusual to hear it over land! they reported that it was because of a helicopter sending out a distress call accidently, cynically i think it may have had something to do with North Korea playing about with missiles!! actually looking on the bbc news site again it was the wrong timing so maybe they are telling the truth LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    There was definately a helicopter, we saw it - wondered what on earth had happened as the jet was just circling it, cant imagine how the pilot felt seeing and hearing that going around him!!

Post Thanks / Like
    oh didn't realise you'd seen the helicopter, apparently they accidentally put the code in for hijack...whoops
    at least we know they're watching out for us LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    yeah thats a bit embarrassing isnt it!

Post Thanks / Like
    I couldn't hear the boom on the video, but the way that jet was moving it must have been loud.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    oh the Typhoons are mega loud John, they are based just up the road from us, luckily they don't fly over often but when they do. Wouldn't want to live near when they're night flying!