Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nice Lamb crockpot recipe

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 277442
    We have a nice recipe that includes barley, but I far prefer it in the Le Creuset. The crock pot tends to stew it in the fat instead of allowing the fat to cook off, and melt into the meat.

I'm not a huge crock pot fan. We have them, and I keep trying to like them, but haven't yet hit on a recipe that I think is better done that way.

I did try the Jiko lamb shank recipe in the crock pot and that wasn't terrible, but again simply like the Le Creuset better.
    i like Barley, that might be an alternative to the mashed potato and the the Jiko one sounds great. i love lamb shanks, Jamie Oliver has a fantastic recipe that Jon made recently, if i wasn't already married to him i would have for that meal LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    Jamie Oliver. Some kinda' chef! Used to really get a kick out of his Naked Chef show.

He gets bashed here mercilessly over his exposing the disgusting things that go on in mass produced foods, like the pink slime. He's strong though, and it's great that he doesn't let that nonsense stop him.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    i really like the freshness of his recipes...we have all his books. I saw the programme that he did over there, he did the same here for school meals, i think it needed to be done.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by britchick, post: 277445
    the stock is in cubes John, if you want some i could always mail you some.
    I would love some but like I said Donna doesn't eat lamb so I'm not sure how much use I would get out of it.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Yummy... slurps....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 277450
    Jamie Oliver. Some kinda' chef! Used to really get a kick out of his Naked Chef show.

He gets bashed here mercilessly over his exposing the disgusting things that go on in mass produced foods, like the pink slime. He's strong though, and it's great that he doesn't let that nonsense stop him.
    He did get a proper bashing didnt he, felt so sorry for him. All that he says is right but people dont want to hear it.

We love Jamie in this house, even my 5 year old will happily sit down and watch his programmes! She likes Martha Stewart too!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by uscwest, post: 277478
    I would love some but like I said Donna doesn't eat lamb so I'm not sure how much use I would get out of it.
    well if you decide you'd like a couple in the future give me a weeks notice and i'll mail them to you

Post Thanks / Like
    Mmmmm that sounds great! I love my crock pot! It's so nice to come home after a busy work day to have dinner ready.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12