Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can anyone help please?!

Post Thanks / Like
    As most of you know i had a camera for christmas, its a panasonic lumix dmc-fz45. im still learning all the settings and uses on it and i thought i had finally worked out the sports setting - i need to have the flash on for it to work properly. But for some reason, on each of the sports settings (indoor, outdoor etc) the flash wont work! the icon is there for no flash and i dont understand why. ive gone into the menu to see if its in there and the flash is set ok, ive tried it on other settings and the flash comes on - but i just cannot get it to work for the sports setting!

Any ideas please? its driving me mad!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Will it not work without flash? what are you trying to shoot and where?

Post Thanks / Like
    No it doesnt work without it, whatever the light is like - inside or out - it seems to work only with the flash!

I was trying to take a photo of the cat playing with her pipecleaner!!

Post Thanks / Like
    interesting subject :happy bounce: just kidding!

i have never used a flash when i've used my bridge camera on sport mode.... have you tried using the ai mode - is that correct? i just briefly read a bit about your camera

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by britchick, post: 277624
    interesting subject :happy bounce: just kidding!
    She has issues!! She got attacked years ago by a dog in our garden (it was an ex racing greyhound who saw her and just chased her, he cleared our old gate into our garden and got hold of her by her stomach), anyway, its sent her a bit doo-lally, she's happy enough in herself but since that happend shes not as she used to be! She loves her pipecleaners though, if you throw it for her she brings it back!

I went into jessops this morning - forgot to take it with me didnt i so there wasnt much he could do - he did say it shouldnt be like that though so try resetting it and if that doesnt work to take it in

Post Thanks / Like
    Just to show im not making it up - here she is with her lovely pipecleaner!!

[ATTACH]11209.vB[/ATTACH]
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Aww, Kate! She's lovely! I have a cat who retrieves too :D

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Deb, post: 277712
    Aww, Kate! She's lovely! I have a cat who retrieves too :D
    Shes only lovely with a select few!!
    Its funny when you can play with them like dogs isnt it!

Post Thanks / Like
    LOL, jessops in my experience are next to useless anyway. Usually they go up to Jon and ask him if he wants help....i vacate.

Now just doing some research on t'web, some canon cameras specifically don't allow flash to come on on their cameras. Wonder if it's the same. I don't understand why you would need it outside in daylight

Post Thanks / Like
    With this one you have to push a button to open the flash, if its not open the camera doesnt automatically do it - but if it is open the camera will decide whether or not to use it, if that makes sense?!

But, its all ok now! I reset it back to its original settings and the flash works fine on the sports mode now. Not sure what happened before - can only assume i was fiddling with it and pressed something to change it! Thank you for taking the time to look on the web for me though britchick, very much appreciated!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast