Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 19 kids and counting

Post Thanks / Like
    Does anyone else watch this? I cant believe these people have so many children!

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not watching it, but 19 children

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Since this programme she fell pregnant again but sadly had a miscarriage at 18wks but on their website they are now known as "20 kids and counting".

They believe that how many children they have is up to god. She must be exhausted - i know i am with 1!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Are you talking about the Duggars?

The last live birth child has serious health issues (and then there is the lost baby, the last pregnancy). At what point does it all become irresponsible?

It's not like they are independently wealthy. What sort of life do the children have, since from some reports it's the children who look after one another.

To each their own meaning in life and purpose, but if you are going to hold yourself out to the public, then I suppose you should be ready for all sorts of opinions on your life, whether they be fully supportive or not.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 277757
    What sort of life do the children have, since from some reports it's the children who look after one another.

Since I can't say anything nice.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes thats them

Surely at some point they have to stop?! And there are times of the month where you cant get pregnant anyway - maybe date watching might be an idea!

Josie is the one they are showing on the programme at the moment, she has just gone home and needs oxygen to breath. I cant imagine how much money is must be to feed a family that large just for a week!

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't pretend to know much about them, to be honest but I do think that the reason they do the television bit is for the money, as they'd not be able to earn enough to keep the children clothed and fed.

Rather like that Kate woman with the eight children and escapee husband? TV is the means of support.

Again, I sincerely support anyone's decision to be who and what they are or want to be, but it doesn't stop me from raising that mental eyebrow at some choices.

Physically, her body has to be worn out. I think the last pregnancy ending in miscarriage kind of points to the idea that they should stop now.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 277764
    I Rather like that Kate woman with the eight children and escapee husband? TV is the means of support.
    I like that programme! Their children were conceived through ivf, the Duggars are all natural.

What must they think when that little + sign comes up on the test each time?

Im a bit confused by the whole thing to be honest!

Post Thanks / Like
    I dont really know much, but I do think 19 children is irresponsible,... there just arent enough hours in the day to give QUALITY time to 19 kids...Im guessing the older kids are responsible for the younger ones, which I think isnt fair at all...

Post Thanks / Like
    I havent watched that many of the episodes, but from what ive seen they all kind of chip in with everything but id imagine the older kids definately have alot of responsibility. None of them seem to complain though

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast