Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: That`s a disappointment!

Post Thanks / Like
    I ate there in July and it wasn't great. Myself and another member of our party got the vegetarian lasagne and we both got sick. The service was so-so (Although they did change my friend's desert after she'd tried it and didn't like it) and it seemed to be staffed mainly by college program participants. I think that's why it has such variations in customer service. It was more like a café atmosphere than a restaurant.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by josh.p., post: 277973
    It was more like a café atmosphere than a restaurant.
    That was my impression also Josh from what I`ve seen from the outside.
    The Bistro though is a completely different kettle of fish and we have enjoyed some really good dinners there, and the service was second to none.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowhand, post: 278025
    That was my impression also Josh from what I`ve seen from the outside.
    The Bistro though is a completely different kettle of fish and we have enjoyed some really good dinners there, and the service was second to none.
    Interestingly, we had our first and only experience of the Bistro relatively recently and weren't that impressed. The food was better than average EPCOT food for sure but the staff were all young college programme people and it didn't really feel very special in that regard. (not having a go at college programme people of course just saying that they're new at what theyre doing and should be supported by a more experienced team you'd hope).

Makes me wonder if we just went on a bad day..
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 278027
    Makes me wonder if we just went on a bad day..
    I`d like to hope that was the case Keith.
    As I said, we have never had cause for complaint there and I found it fun being able to brush up my o-level French in a pigeon English [or should that be pigeon French?] conversation with our server.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowhand, post: 278029
    I`d like to hope that was the case Keith.
    As I said, we have never had cause for complaint there and I found it fun being able to brush up my o-level French in a pigeon English [or should that be pigeon French?] conversation with our server.
    Oh gosh I think dw would disown me if I tried that

I may try and get back there this visit I do love Epcot and any opportunity for a nice meal followed by the fireworks cant be bad

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 278030
    I may try and get back there this visit I do love Epcot and any opportunity for a nice meal followed by the fireworks cant be bad
    That`s exactly what we did one year Keith, although we asked for [and were given] a window seat from where we had a reasonable view of the fireworks as we were finishing our dinner.
    They let another couple of folks who sat near us to go outside to view the fireworks, after which they returned to finish their dinner....a sort of a break between courses!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowhand, post: 278031
    That`s exactly what we did one year Keith, although we asked for [and were given] a window seat from where we had a reasonable view of the fireworks as we were finishing our dinner.
    They let another couple of folks who sat near us to go outside to view the fireworks, after which they returned to finish their dinner....a sort of a break between courses!
    ooo ok thanks for that! I may well give that a try

Post Thanks / Like
    All sorted.
    Bistro de Paris/Chef`s de France cancelled, and Jiko booked instead. [At least it will give us the opportunity to meet Raul again who is the manager there and who used to manage the Flying Fish.]

Thanks to everyone for confirming my thoughts concerning CdF.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmm. We've always had more senior wait staff there.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123