Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sad day

Post Thanks / Like
    This mornifng I had to have my lovely old cat Charlotte put to sleep.

She was starting to suffer badly with arthritis, especially in her back legs which she had problems walking on. This weekend she lost the use of one of her front paws and couldn't even stand to eat, last night she couldn't get out of her bed. This morning I had to feed her in her bed.

I kind of new last night that she wouldn't be able to carry on like this so I stayed up with her all night. When I took her to the vets he confirmed my fears that she would only get worse.

It broke my heart to make that awful decision but at least I was with her at the end. Not so long ago some of you will remember that I had to have my horse put to sleep. I love my pets but I can't cope with this awful part of caring for animals. Both Charlotte Cat and Heather my horse were both very old and both had great lives but it still doesn't stop the hurt when you lose them.

Sorry to be so down guys I just felt like I needed to share this with my friends because I know that speaking to you will make me feel a bit better.
    Sam x

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm so sorry Sam!

I've been in that position too and it's never easy to say goodbye to a friend.

Tom (... pets are like children that eat off the floor.)

Post Thanks / Like
    Sam,

I'm so sorry to hear this. Our pets become members of our family and like losing a human member it hurts to lose them also.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    oh Sam that's heartbreaking,

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry to hear that, Sam.
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    Sam im so sorry to hear about Charlotte Its incredibly painful saying goodbye to our pets, they become such a big part of our families dont they.
    Thinking of you

Post Thanks / Like
    Im so sorry Sam

it never get any easier to say good bye to good friends

Im glad she had a wonderful long and happy life with you :)

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh Sam, I am so very sorry for you. As others have said, losing them is always so very painful. It is the price we pay for the joy that their shorter lives bring to ours. But you would never have been without them. I know I never would. You have been very brave and loving, and have done the last thing we can do for them that shows our care and love.

Rest easy sweet Charlotte. And a huge hug for you Sam

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your loved family member! I truly believe that our animals, are our families, and there is such a special part in our hearts for them. Reserved just for them. May you find comfort.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast