Thread: FASTPASS+ NextGen to be Tested at the Magic Kingdom Beginning 1st May

Post Thanks / Like
    According to reports, the Magic Kingdom has been selected to begin testing FASTPASS+, part of itís NextGen technology, during May.

FASTPASS+ sometimes referred to as XPASS ó will allow eligible guests to reserve ride times in advance, using their Magic Band to access the attractionís queue. The customizable Magic Band wristband will also be used as Key to the World card, allowing guests to use the same magnetic strip card for their resort room key as well as park tickets and more.

During this test, guests will be selected randomly to test the program upon arrival at their Disney World Resort. They will be given a FASTPASS+ card which has an embedded RFID chip to be used solely for the test program as well as an itinerary of FASTPASS windows at the Magic Kingdom park for that day based on preferences chosen by the guest.

As well as the attractions which normally offer FASTPASS, the Haunted Mansion has been fitted with a FASTPASS+ reader and will allow guests to use it during the test period.

If a Guest loses or forgets their FASTPASS+ intinerary, they will be able to visit Guest Relations or one of the many FASTPASS+ locations for a reminder.

What do you think about this?

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Is it going to be something that you buy as an extra? I dont like all this sort of thing if it is, i think its unfair - you have to pay enough to get into these places as it is without something like this on top. It takes us years to save for a wdw holiday and thats not even staying onsite, paying for extra things like this isnt an option, i just hope we dont lose out because of that.

If you dont have to pay, well then im not sure what i think of it!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not sure if you will have to pay or not, most of the rumours seem to think that it will only be available for people who stay onsite anyway, which I think is very unfair. Some of us cannot afford or are able to stay onsite for whatever reason

I hope Disney think this through carefully.

You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy, post: 278579
    Some of us cannot afford or are able to stay onsite for whatever reason
    Thats us!

Post Thanks / Like
    To be honest, we don't use fastpasses anyway! even at busy times like last christmas, the rides we go on at the times we tend to do them (late night) tend to be ok anyway.

Having said that, they really do seem to make off-siters feel a bit put out. Expensive parking, no early entry or late nights, potentially better fastpasses now.

If I'd saved for a year or two, got there and found I couldn't get onto my favourite ride or had to wait hours because certain people were getting additional privileges, I'd certainly be a bit peeved to say the least.
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't like the bit about reserving ride times in advance. How much in advance? Are we going to end up with the same kind of garbage the ADR's have become?

Tom (... what's wrong with the current system?)

Post Thanks / Like
    We've never used the Fastpass system, if there is a short line we will go on, if not it won't ruin the day, we'll try again the next time we are there.

I do think it will be sad if it is only for onsite guests though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by catrancher, post: 278583
    I don't like the bit about reserving ride times in advance. How much in advance? Are we going to end up with the same kind of garbage the ADR's have become?

Tom (... what's wrong with the current system?)
    That's what it sounds like Tom - the rumours are saying you will make your ADRs and book your fastpasses at the same time

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy, post: 278585
    That's what it sounds like Tom - the rumours are saying you will make your ADRs and book your fastpasses at the same time
    I don't care for this at all. I don't do parks like I do ADRs. If they restrict it to on-site guests then a lot of off site people are going to be disappointed if they can't get on a ride because the lines are full of on-site folks.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    I thought that was the whole point of extra magic hours, to give resort guests something different from people who stayed offsite