Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dining advice

Post Thanks / Like
    The guy at our local virgin store said that today.
    He was very shocked at the amount of knowledge I had regarding Florida, he even joked about me getting a job with them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Another question

Would using the dining plan relying on Disney transport cause any issues, it's just they don't want a car.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well as long as they leave enough time to travel they will be fine, or maybe a combo of bus there, cab back? I would allow 90 minutes for resort to resort as you have to go to a park or DTD to change busses. Or you can plan so you go straight from the parks to the restaurant at resorts? It is a minefield really and would hate to be starting from scratch! Why don't you invite your friend here Lozzy so she can get a feel for what's what

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by britchick, post: 278814
    Well as long as they leave enough time to travel they will be fine, or maybe a combo of bus there, cab back? I would allow 90 minutes for resort to resort as you have to go to a park or DTD to change busses. Or you can plan so you go straight from the parks to the restaurant at resorts? It is a minefield really and would hate to be starting from scratch! Why don't you invite your friend here Lozzy so she can get a feel for what's what
    Thanks,
    I have told her about secrets.

Post Thanks / Like
    Getting transport between Disney resorts is challenging. They would have to be quite comfortable with knowing where the best transfer point would be. Yes, DTD, TTC, and parks are the logical choices, but which is best for what location.

If they don't know that taking a bus to DTD for transport transfer to a resort is best done by going directly to the Marketplace bus area, then they could waste a serious amount of time.

If they don't know which park is closest to a resort restaurant they can actually end up going in circles!

Cabs get very expensive, so the best thing to do is learn the Disney transport system and travel for free. However, that takes information and time.

If they joined here and then gave their ADRs, we could tell them the easiest route to take for each one.

You are a good friend, Lozzy!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    We never had any real problem with transport and we use the DP all the time. When are they going and where are they staying? Preplaning can be fun especially for beginners. The first time without a plan can find you eating a whole lot of junk food and buying water for a snack!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    We actually plan our entire trip around our eating schedule. This may seem crazy, but it helps us to decided where we will be eating and what parks we'll be attending that day. It also doesn't hurt that my sister and I are both super planning kind o people. We make out ADR's the morning of the 180th day, and are good to go.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RollTyde, post: 279018
    We actually plan our entire trip around our eating schedule. This may seem crazy, but it helps us to decided where we will be eating and what parks we'll be attending that day. It also doesn't hurt that my sister and I are both super planning kind o people. We make out ADR's the morning of the 180th day, and are good to go.
    We are the same

Sometime we split a day with two parks visit normally the park in the afternoon is where we would be eating.

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?hi20bh

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RollTyde, post: 279018
    I've never used the dining plan but if I did I'd be like you, and this is what I've tried to explain to my friends and her family,

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?dow0dd

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12